Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to SWIFT MOTORSPORTS (SWIFTMOTORSPORTS.COM) and put my car on thier Dyno (Dynamics). First of all these guys are GREAT. They are "turbo car experts" FIRST and "subaru/mitsu/mazda" experts second! They do mostly subaru's but these guys treated me like I was thier number one priority. They also enjoyed putting the mazda on the dyno and played around a bit with it. I'll try to get the dyno sheets up this week, But a few things first.

1. Best #'s
HP- around 225, 233 after pouring 10oz of room temp water on the intercooler.
Torque- can't remember off the top of my head i will edit this post tommorow.
2. AFR- WAS CRAZZZZZY RICH, The owner said he NEVER saw a stock car run that rich. The dyno couldnt measure how rich it was after roughly 3500 rpms.
3. They said mazda must be playing it really safe doing this, and I could turn the boost up a bit and be safe.
4. The boost drop off was DRAMATIC after 5500 dropping down to 3 or 4 psi by redline <-- pisses me off

Has anyone gotten thier stock speed6 dyno'ed and seen it run this rich? again ill try to put the charts up this week sometime.

Will putting a CIA make that big of a difference with my AFR??? He said it was so rich it was robbing HP from the car, I got the 225hp after they blew a fan on my intercooler. (which i thought they should have done the first time seeing as the car normally would have air blowing on it from driving under normal conditions.

Sry bout the long post, but ANY info would be appreciated.

Jay

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
^^ fan should always be on...

What octane fuel were you using?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
so they didnt have a fan blowing on the intercooler?

dont really sound like "turbo car experts" to me if they dont utilize the car's intercooler...

oh and octane booster is crap, it only raises octaine levels 0.1 points

·
Registered
209 Posts
Nice numbers for a stock MS6. I think it was running super rich because it wasn't getting all the air that the stock fuel map expects on the dyno. On the street it would be a little leaner, but still very rich in general. You have to be careful pouring water on a super hot engine as something (exhaust manifold for example) will want to crack because of the extreme temp changes.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Yeah was gonna say.... What happens to hot metal when rapidly cooled? KABOOM... or crack at least.... As long as the IC vaporizes the water... you should be fine... The metal on the IC is pretty safeand not hot enough to crack....

·
Registered
274 Posts
I wouldn't really be concerned with boost dropping off in the upper RPM range. If your stock K04 boosted 15.6PSI at redline, it'd just blow extremely hot air and cause your engine to knock. However, if you added a turbo back exhaust and an intake, you may be able to handle a slight boost increase across the entire RPM range.

Just shift at 5700RPMS. :)

Edit: I'm new to the MS6 and trading my S2000 in for one shortly. I don't know how common this is, but that car would definitely gain ridiculous power by leaning it up top. It's likely that it would be perfectly safe too.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
why in the hell would you trade in an s2000 for a mazdaspeed 6? thats just plain dumb... Turbocharge ur s2000 and with a good tune youll be putting down over 320 to teh wheels no problem with only 7 or 8 psi.. s2000's put down crazy numbers when supercharged or turbod... not only that the s2000 is almost 1000 pounds lighter than a mazdaspeed 6...

·
Registered
379 Posts
why in the hell would you trade in an s2000 for a mazdaspeed 6? thats just plain dumb... Turbocharge ur s2000 and with a good tune youll be putting down over 320 to teh wheels no problem with only 7 or 8 psi.. s2000's put down crazy numbers when supercharged or turbod... not only that the s2000 is almost 1000 pounds lighter than a mazdaspeed 6...[/b]

maybe awd and being able to put more then his girl in his car drove him to it....

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
pfff putting anyone else other than ur girl in the car is not needed. all u need is ur girl :p hehe

·
Registered
75 Posts
pfff putting anyone else other than ur girl in the car is not needed. all u need is ur girl :p hehe[/b]

Well I had a 04 Tiburon GT before I got the Speed6. My wife is 5 foot 9 and she didn't like the Tiburon but fit perfectly in the Speed6. Not to mention with my two other people in my Speed6 I can still beat a Tiburon.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Well I had a 04 Tiburon GT before I got the Speed6. My wife is 5 foot 9 and she didn't like the Tiburon but fit perfectly in the Speed6. Not to mention with my two other people in my Speed6 I can still beat a Tiburon.[/b]
yeah, but you're comparing to a tiburon, hahaha

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Dyno tuning can get you more HP, but the dyno itself does nothing for the car.. And damn, this threads old......

1 - 14 of 14 Posts