Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi

I very well may need new rotors since I'm having repeated warping issues. I'm at 40k, and they have been turned once in the front.

I'm about to take it in again, and am thinking on the Bobcats for pad replacements. Not only that, should I just let my trusted mechanic replace the rotors with some stock replacements? He doesn't get crap parts, but is the Mazda OEM or aftermarket equivelent just fine?

I've seen many a post on brake pads, different compounds, etc. But nothing on rotors aside from drilled/slotted. Are the materials for the most part the same when it comes to rotors for street driving? Or, are some softer than others, harder, prone to squeaking, etc.. ?

Thanks!!!

--jason g.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
The rotors are basically the same material, but with small nuances that might make them more resistant to warping. I know that a lot of people are VERY happy with the EBC rotors

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I have Rotora Basic OEM rotors, and I'm pretty happy with them....I've had them for about 3 months now, and they still have a bit of machineing finish

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Wednesday I got stock rear replacement rotors. They were 70 bucks a piece. What I liked about them was they had black paint coating on any part that doesn't come into contact with the pads. Hence, no more ugly rust! Pretty tits though. I got the fronts turned, with new pads. And new pads rear too. What a difference! I didn't want them to replace the front rotors because I'm considering Rotora or something like that. The stock replacements were 120 a piece. Yuck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
GreenNuggs
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing