Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess this is just a question, we all know how quickly the stock brake dirty up the stock wheels, so those of you with aftermarket pads, have you seen less of this? I hope so because they get ugly QUICKLY! If you have seen less dusting, what pads did you use, how did you like them in daily driving and again with hard driving?

·
Registered
836 Posts
yeah I'll agree. I use the lifetime pads from autozone on my Probe, and there was virtually no dust at all. I was really looking forward to changing out these pads really soon until I brought the car in for some warranty work. Mech said my pads were causing some noise in the car so he so gratiously changed them for me to avoid another trip in due to the pads not sitting correctly on the car. With a smile on my face I said thanx and as I walked out the door started to look forward to many more months of dirty rims no matter how much I clean them.

ßill

·
Registered
431 Posts
I should be receiving the first (and only one in the country at this time) set of EBC RedStuff front pads for the MS6 on Monday. I will try to document the install and driving impresions. :drive:

Contact this guy if you want a set as well. It took me over 4 months to get them from EBC UK.
Had to go through the CEO to get it rolling. ;)

Bill Wyss
Brakes R Us
[email protected]
www.Brakesrus.com
Tel: 866-882-7253
Fax: 818-833-9426

·
Registered
431 Posts
I should be receiving the first (and only ones in the country at this time) set of EBC RedStuff front pads for the MS6 on Monday. I will try to document the install and driving impressions. :drive:

Contact this guy if you want a set as well. It took me over 4 months to get them from EBC UK.

Bill Wyss
Brakes R Us
[email protected]com
www.Brakesrus.com
[/b]
The EBC Redstuff finally arrived. Unfortunately, I will have wait until this weekend to install. I will post some pictures of the install. Debating whether or not to upgrade the brake rotors while I am at it though. What are your thoughts?

Street Unit Rota drilled/slotted brake rotors

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Errr.. upgraded rotors already? I assume they are a brand which happens to fit our car... not actually designed JUST for the speed6...

Anyway i've had no trouble stopping my car.. in fact... if I slam the breaks hard enough I almost hit the windshield.. and you get to hear a nice loud CLUNK as the engine... or somethin either A) smashes into the ground.. or B) shifts so suddently the engine mounts don't have time to react....

Anyway... plenty of stopping power... We need more GOING power... that is 100% all the time... none of this loss of power BS we all have....

and I mean ALL... i've yet to meet a speed6 owner who can honestly say they can slam the gas anytime.. anywhere... doing anything... and always expect to get the full speed6 glory...

·
Registered
315 Posts
I should be receiving the first (and only at this time) set of EBC RedStuff front pads for the MS6 on Monday.
I will try to docutment the install and driving impresions. :drive:

Bill Wyss
Brakes R Us
[email protected]
www.Brakesrus.com
[/b]
I'll be very interested to how they go...i fitted ebc red to my vw passat turbo , new rotors too, and they warped big time after 3 months.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Errr.. upgraded rotors already? I assume they are a brand which happens to fit our car... not actually designed JUST for the speed6...

Anyway i've had no trouble stopping my car.. in fact... if I slam the breaks hard enough I almost hit the windshield.. and you get to hear a nice loud CLUNK as the engine... or somethin either A) smashes into the ground.. or B) shifts so suddently the engine mounts don't have time to react....

Anyway... plenty of stopping power... We need more GOING power... that is 100% all the time... none of this loss of power BS we all have....

and I mean ALL... i've yet to meet a speed6 owner who can honestly say they can slam the gas anytime.. anywhere... doing anything... and always expect to get the full speed6 glory...
[/b]
I have yet to experience this powerloss everyone talks about. I have only ever run 94 octane. And we dont get to many days in the 90's (30 degrees) That being said sometimes it does seem to have more power that others, but not much of a difference. Every car I have owned seems that way, and this is my first turbo car.

Back to the topic at hand. In the past I have burnt through alot of pads, and the ones I was happeist with wer\e the Hawk HPS pads. Never seemed to have an issue. As for rotors, I have warped Brembos, Willwood two piece, stock honda and KVR. Just seems to happen with aggressive pads and high temp track days.

·
Registered
68 Posts
[/b]
Every Turbocharged car is going to experiance this, it called turbo lag. There are only 2 ways to defeat it that I know of.

1. Get an extremely small turbo that spools amlost instantaniosly or
2. Get you self an anti-lag system. http://www.autronic.com/technical_data_files/antilag.pdf

I wouldn't recommend either one personally, but to each his or her own.

Also, I would pass on the slotted/drilled rotors. You won't see that much of a unless you are building up a strictly track car, plus the slots/drills create weak spots on the rotor cause premature breakage not to mention the reducution you will see in pad life.

FYI, to help reduce the amount of dust that sticks to you wheels, try giving them a wax.

·
Registered
132 Posts

[/b]
They are Not just another rotor that fits the MS6, they are still in development, Rotora has told us that they plan to release them sometime in November. We just have them on the site a little early, but already have a bunch of sets on order!

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I should be receiving the first (and only at this time) set of EBC RedStuff front pads for the MS6 on Monday.
I will try to docutment the install and driving impresions. :drive:

Bill Wyss
Brakes R Us
[email protected]
www.Brakesrus.com
[/b]
Have fun with those, but be carefull. They won't be able to stop you until they get up to operating tempurature, and they squeel really bad too. I tried them on my evo a while back and almost wrecked pulling up to the first stop sign I got to. Went back and swapped them with green stuffs. The red stuffs are strictly for track use only and really are not safe for street driving. Good luck though, if that's what you want.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
They are Not just another rotor that fits the MS6, they are still in development, Rotora has told us that they plan to release them sometime in November. We just have them on the site a little early, but already have a bunch of sets on order!
[/b]
On order!? You mean you do not have these in stock? I placed an order for these items - and you charged my CC already, but you do not have them in stock?
I missed the notice on the website that said there would be a delay in shipping. Yesterday I emailed you directly inquiring about this very thing. Please advise.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
The EBC Redstuff finally arrived. Unfortunately, I will have wait until this weekend to install. I will post some pictures of the install. Debating whether or not to upgrade the brake rotors while I am at it though. What are your thoughts?

Street Unit Rota drilled/slotted brake rotors

[/b]
you dont need slotted and dont want drilled rotors. there are a lots of reasons if you do some research on braking systems, thats up to you. the redstuff pads are a very BAD choice for street driving. they require a certain amount of warm-up to operate properly. the greenstuff compound is the prefered street/performance pad. they work equally well when cold and will outperform the stock pads by a large margin.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
EDIT: Nevermind.

·
Registered
132 Posts
On order!? You mean you do not have these in stock? I placed an order for these items - and you charged my CC already, but you do not have them in stock?
I missed the notice on the website that said there would be a delay in shipping. Yesterday I emailed you directly inquiring about this very thing. Please advise.
Thanks.
[/b]
PM sent! sorry we have been trying to contact you by phone and email but have been having difficulty reaching you.

Rotora is coming out with OEM rotors, Slotted rotors, and drilled and slotted. for the MS6

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i've yet to meet a speed6 owner who can honestly say they can slam the gas anytime.. anywhere... doing anything... and always expect to get the full speed6 glory...
[/b]
Hi my name is Ben, I havent had a powerloss issue, although my tip in stutter is mildly anoyying!

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
PM sent! sorry we have been trying to contact you by phone and email but have been having difficulty reaching you.

Rotora is coming out with OEM rotors, Slotted rotors, and drilled and slotted. for the MS6
[/b]
It is funny you would "have difficulty reaching me." I recieved your emails confirming my purchase and the charge to my credit card (which incidently did not mention anything about you charging me for something that you did not even have yet), and I have recieved no messages at the number attached to the account I set up with you. Weird?
PM sent to cancell order.

If anyone orders from these guys make sure you call them first to find out all the facts.

·
Registered
356 Posts
It is funny you would "have difficulty reaching me." I recieved your emails confirming my purchase and the charge to my credit card (which incidently did not mention anything about you charging me for something that you did not even have yet), and I have recieved no messages at the number attached to the account I set up with you. Weird?
PM sent to cancell order.

If anyone orders from these guys make sure you call them first to find out all the facts.
[/b]
Brian,
I personally called you twice and left two message in the past week to keep you posted on the order status. This was after getting emails bounced back from your email account for some reason, not sure why. We can always be reached at any of the numbers 6 days a week, sometimes even sunday. Difficulty contacting us is not heard of.

The checkout process is setup to authorize and charge a transaction upon ordering. This is 95% normally fine because we have most everything in stock and can ship right away. The reason for processing to be set up this way now is due to electronic check processing. Echecks require immediate authorize & capture to process echecks. The system cannot be set up seperately for credit cards and echecks, they are both seen by the system as the same. The credit card gets charged automatically when placing an order so we can accept echecks.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts