Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to my horror i was awoken by a phone call from the head of security at the hotel im staying in this morning informing me my car and been broken into. i went outside and found the police standing next to my lovely ms6 which was now sporting a destroyed driver's side front window.

does the stock system not detect glass breakage? b/c my alarm didnt go off at all

thanks

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
that sux. sorry to hear. did they steal anything, or just break out your window? if the door was opened, it def should have gone off.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the door was never opened. they guy just reached in through the window and swiped my gps off the dashboard (BUT somehow missed the V1 near the mirror). I'v learned my lesson about leaving expensive things exposed in my car when i'm not around :/

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
think of it this way. even if the alarm did go off. he still would have swiped the gps before running empty handed. and you probably wouldnt have heard the alarm going off. and anyone that could, would be ignoring it like they always do.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
you need the shock sensor

·
Registered
548 Posts
any alarm system isn't going to deter a real thief. when i was an asshole little prick, back in my late teen years, if i wanted something, i would take it despite alarm or lock. locks only keep honest people honest. thats it.

sorry to hear about your bad luck though. i had 2 cars broken into in one night when i was in college. lost 2 of everything, these asshole took their time.

I wasn't rich i had just bought one a week before and was selling the other private sale. they offered me shit for a trade.

·
Registered
139 Posts
the door was never opened. they guy just reached in through the window and swiped my gps off the dashboard (BUT somehow missed the V1 near the mirror). I'v learned my lesson about leaving expensive things exposed in my car when i'm not around :/
Should have chose nav as an option...

·
Registered
583 Posts
Sorry to hear that. 2 cars were broken into in broad day light (11am) at my work parking lot, with cameras.
Ppl are getting desperate with the bad economy I guess.
Try to not leave anything that they might want, even a charging cord for your cell phone plugged into the cig lighter.
It'll make them think you have something electronic like a GPS in the car.
My friend even wipes off the suction 'circle' that the GPS mounts leave so it leaves no trace that you might have it in the car.
GL in getting the glass replaced. Make sure all the window switches/locks work, they sometimes forget to plug those back in.

I see that you have tint on your windows, didn't that prevent the glass from shattering? Thought the tint would make the glass tempered.

Eminent.Six, Stock Navi FTW!

·
Registered
548 Posts
tint will not prevent anything from going through the window, even a fist. tempering is when a strong layer of plastic is sandwiched inbetween 2 layers of glass and prevents shattering. just applying plastic tape essentially wouldn't do much but help hold the pieces together slightly.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss man. Hope that prick gets whats coming to him.

They broke into my neighbors WRX last night and my 6 was parked two spots away from him. Crazy part is, I leave my DashHawk, cell phone charger, and iPod in view inside the car and for some reason the thief didn't touch mine. I live in an apartment complex, BTW and it's mostly military. He was asking the neighbors in the building if we saw anyone suspicious walking around last night. I guess this is a huge warning for me to start putting my shit up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts