Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a stock MS6 computer that has not received any of the recall flashes from the dealer. I purchased it off a member on another site to eliminate the annoying dealer recall flashes, but have decided to go w/ the Hypertech instead. Asking $100 shipped PM me with any questions.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Can you just plug this in and go or does it need to be calibrated to your car by the dealer or something?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Wouldnt you need to have your keys programmed to it? Also the speedo unit is locked (mileage) and so the ecu needs the correct vin written to it or something I believe.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From my understanding, it should work fine for any MS6, but you would need to have the keys programmed to it. It is an easy enough switch, and could be done at the dealer, or even in the parking lot. Then they would just need to program the keys and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Cool rims...FYI

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks! Do you need an MS6 ECU by an chance? LOL

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Can you just plug this in and go or does it need to be calibrated to your car by the dealer or something?
From my understanding, it should work fine for any MS6, but you would need to have the keys programmed to it. It is an easy enough switch, and could be done at the dealer, or even in the parking lot. Then they would just need to program the keys and you should be good to go.

not as easy as you think. ecu has to be reflashed as well or some other stuff needs to be done. but i'll let you do the research since your selling it

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know this isn't as simple as plug and play, but someone out there should be able to utilize it! I will do $120 shipped!

·
Registered
193 Posts
PM sent.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts