Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, i really wanna know what is goin on with this low-beam thingy...
i dont *THINK* they're HIDs...since they're not particularly white, nor do i think mazda would be kind enough to put in (unlike BMWs, etc) such a costly product as stock on all systems. BUT, then again, in the manual it says its Xenon Fusion or Infusion or something...and that we cant change it ourselves due to the extreme high-voltage...plus the fact that most ppl wouldnt know or dare to take apart the front bumper to do it... and also, during certain times when i see over m6's going around, their lights seem to sparkle a bit, with that distinct HID sorta multi-colour for a second kinda effect...definately NOT typical of normal halogens..

so...please, somebody knowledgeable tell me once and for all...are these HIDs or wut?
there's been a few posts here and there about whether these are actually HIDs, but you get conflicting replys...so thats why i really wanna know wuts goin on.

also, in the low beams, there's this mirror thingy...thats just part of the projector systems right???...it doesnt have anything to do with HIDs??? (btw, if u havent caught on yet...i'm quite new at everything):D

·
Registered
461 Posts
Reading Topic: Stock Low-Beams??? Xenon what?

low-beams are halogen, all Australian 6's are halogen. Dont bother debating, cos i've already gone through THE WHOLE PROCESS.

anyway, i can confirm that cos i got the low-beams changed yesterday

hope that helps

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

hmmm...okay, i c
i guess thats quite a definative answer, and i'd probably agree...but i'm still wondering on why it says it requires high voltage in the manual...whats all that about???

and oh, if i wanted to get the OSRAM Silverstars or the Phillips Vision Plus...err...anybody know where i can get em?? (i live in bris)

Autobarn doesnt seem to stock these two brands...and err...well i guess i havent really bothered to look at SuperCheapAuto...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Stock Low-Beams??? Xenon what?'

The manual is for different models around the world, xenon is an option overseas but not here.

·
Registered
81 Posts

Originally posted by alexchu

low-beams are halogen, all Australian 6's are halogen.  Dont bother debating, cos i've already gone through THE WHOLE PROCESS.  

anyway, i can confirm that cos i got the low-beams changed yesterday

hope that helps[/b]
yo alexchu
i wanna know where did u got urs highlight bulbs changed?
coz like i got the 3 pairs of bulbs already but i ask the dealer and they siad
they arent allow to change it

·
Registered
461 Posts

hahadha...the dealer, i've been past them too. They wanted certification from the bulb manufacturer before they'd even touch it.

So what i did was contact a garage or aftermarket sales place, asked them about changing parking lights, expressed an interest, and asked whether they'd also install the other bulbs as well. I'm sure there'd be some places out there that'd be happy to install them for u. By the way, getting into the 6's low-beams takes girly fingers, there's really not much room in there!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

um...why dont u guys change the light bulbs urself??? all the instructions are in the manual. i mean i would probably get somebody to change the low-beams...but the parking lights??? u dun need somebody to do that for ya, do it urself!!!

·
Registered
322 Posts

Heh, my old garage (and old car) I just said to them 'I do some night country driving, can you please install brighter headlights, I don't want a roo on my bumper'... they installed them free of charge with my service... just hadta pay for the lights.

·
Registered
922 Posts

Originally posted by Rainchild

Heh, my old garage (and old car) I just said to them 'I do some night country driving, can you please install brighter headlights, I don't want a roo on my bumper'... they installed them free of charge with my service... just hadta pay for the lights.[/b]
You mean Mazda service did? Or someone else?:)

·
Registered
1,074 Posts

yup...me and alexchu have gone tru everything we could to come up with one thing THEY ARE NOT HIDs
hehehhe
yea the shiny sparlking thingy is the projectors.
to be frank,mazda australia sux.I don't think they like us to play around with the 6.what they love is 'leave it like we left you with'
coz i just couldn't recall how many times they gave me wrong infos and didn't seem to be 'delighted' to help me with my mods. really really disappointed with them :(

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

omg, i SO agree with Kuning-6...
i've called up mazda during the months i was waiting for my m6...and asked him a series of questions, like if i wanted to change the stereo how would i do it since the dash looks awefully complicated, if the lights were HIDs, if I could upgrade to 17" wheels from the classic...

u know what answer i was given??

errr...we dont do stereo modifications, um, whats HIDs...errr...i dont "think" you cant change up to the 17" wheels, u have to buy the luxury, but i'll check it up for you...(of course 2wks later when i go check up...he says, "you cant change up to the 17" wheels, u have to buy the luxury, but i'll check it up for you..." and the viscious circle continues)

i'm like...stuff it, i'll just stay with the classic as it is and upgrade it later myself...stupid dealership...had he been more nice and answered my questions with a bit of knowledge, he probably would've made a few extra hundred bucks...dumbarse idiot...

·
Registered
1,074 Posts

yeahhhh... they are soooo cheap. my feeling is that they only want to sell cars and get some cashh.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts