1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
It's not a touch screen either.

·
Registered
86 Posts
No idea what it will go for, the auction has more than 5 days left. Any ideas what this is worth?

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Well, you could get that piece and, for example, purchase the a/v input switcher through our vendor RPM and use the switcher to input images through the monitor. You would still need means to get the audio in the stereo, but that's relatively easy now. You could even go one step further and ask avelectronic (the maker of the input switcher) to put together some wiring for you to electronically raise and lower the monitor unit like I did a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
is there another control box, or is the NAVI self contained in the LCD unit?

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
The Mazda navi system is in multiple components. The primary components are the screen, the LCD display unit directly below, the DVD player/gyro unit (in trunk or glove compartment depending upon model) and the remote control integrated into the shifter console. Then there are the various wires and sensors (wheel speed, steering angle, etc.), most of which run through the stock stereo unit.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Has anyone ever sucessfully put in a stock Navigation system after the fact. I heard it is difficult to get the some of the parts beyond the LCD. It would probably be a lot more reasonable to just get a Garmin and place it in the map box although it would not be as nice. Guess if you are willing to spend the money, why not.

·
Registered
160 Posts
If you were smart you would of kept this auction to yourself. HEHE posting it on a six forum just jacked the price of that auction up.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
I thought about doing it and using it as a CarPC for the AE Scan Tool and Digital Boost Gauge, but for $400 this isn't worth the hassle... If I ever decide to do it I'll find one in a junkyard...

·
Registered
86 Posts
It went for a lot but what choice do you have if you are looking for that LCD. Its impossible to find for any amount of money and there arent that many salvage vehicles out there with Navi. Most 6 buyers didnt get Navi at all and only 06's and up have the factory nav. What would be really nice to do would be get the Garmin GVN52 and use it with the stock LCD. That way you will look oem and have a equivalent system as the factory. Take a look.

http://www.garmin.com/products/gvn52/

Sells for like 480 from buy.com

·
Registered
679 Posts
This thing was stolen anyways....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.