Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody thought of re-routing the windshield nozzles and using them as an intercooler sprayer? Obviously you would have to change out the solution with water but yeah...any thoughts?

·
Registered
154 Posts
If you are refering to plumbing into the intake air charge like I am with the Snow Performance kit.....that would bad. You need very high pressure with nozzles that atomize the fluid similar to a fuel injecter. Just pissing water or washer fluid in would be a real bad idea. I run straight windshield washer fluid in mine and it works as expected....great. But I am doing it with a set-up made to deliver this fluid into the aircharge....not from a windshield washer pump.

·
Registered
595 Posts
no, he is talking about an intercooler sprayer like it says in the title. This sprays onto the outside of the intercooler to cool the intercooler.

·
Registered
364 Posts
a la the water/intercooler sprayer on the STi

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I'm spraying mine with nitrous, and it works great! Deffinately a recomendation.

·
Registered
375 Posts
people have been doing it for years

as far as plumbing in windshield washer fluid to the inside of your intercooler, thats great too as long as you mix it with a it of water and spray it in there with some good tuning to match

·
Registered
593 Posts
I've got all the parts already to do this mod. A buddy of mine owns an STI and he gave me the list of parts...so I ordered them.

The concern is where to mount the water tank. It's pretty large since it also holds the pump. It also has to be someplace that keeps hte water cool or else, what's the point. The trunk is the best bet (like the STI) but that just means alot of wiring/plumbing. :) Boo-hoo, huh?

·
Registered
856 Posts
I would be afraid of letting the excess water sit on top of the valve cover and potentially drip down to the spark plugs.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
do you think that would effect the spark plugs at all?

·
Registered
375 Posts
have you driven your can in the rain?
water gets in there its not a big deal, and the engine is so hot right there that it wouldprob just steam out before any damage could occur

·
Registered
856 Posts
have you driven your can in the rain?
water gets in there its not a big deal, and the engine is so hot right there that it wouldprob just steam out before any damage could occur
[/b]
Rain doesn't pour through my hood.
I'm bring up this point because someone will spray a whole gallon of water and wonder why their car doesn't fire correctly, or wonder why they hydrolocked.
Yes, I have seen a case of water seeping through plug threads and into the combustion chamber. Likely on speed6 with their deep threads, I would say slim chance.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
I'm spraying mine with nitrous, and it works great! Deffinately a recomendation.
[/b]
But you don't use the washer fluid hoses do you?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts