Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i just got a '04 6i about 4 months ago and i took off the intake resonator....(until i get my Fujita CAI) has anyone ever done this before?????if so let me kno.....i thought i was the only idiot that did that.... :slap:

·
Registered
51 Posts
This is an OLD MOD. They also remove the flapper assy to with that mod. Some also remove the "tuba" as well. Usually one of the first people do besides debadgeing their cars. Always here the love it though.

·
Registered
487 Posts
It's a common mod, but next time please search before asking. Searching prevents creating new threads about the same topic and makes it easier for others to find info when they search.

Well, take off the airbox on top, then reach down there and undo a few nuts and the resonator pulls off. You can also tug on the resonator and it comes off, but I recommend taking the bolts off b/c it's just a cleaner removal with no junk left behind.

As for the tuba, it pulls off. If you remove the flapper (more trouble than it's worth IMHO), be sure to plug up the hose to prevent unmetered air into the engine.

If you need pictures, search and you shall find.
Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts