Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, im installing my stock intake back into the car, I had an AEM CAI before in my 2003 Mazda6i 4cyl. The problem is that I do not know how the breather hose goes back onto the stock airbox...is there some kind of tube that connects the two holes together, because they are the same size, or am I supposed to clamp them together?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
hey guys, im installing my stock intake back into the car, I had an AEM CAI before in my 2003 Mazda6i 4cyl. The problem is that I do not know how the breather hose goes back onto the stock airbox...is there some kind of tube that connects the two holes together, because they are the same size, or am I supposed to clamp them together?
[/b]
If your talking about the hose that leads to the rear side of the valve cover, it connects to the fitting on the back side of the accordian pipe. I haven't had the accordian or stock breather hose on for a looooong time so I'm not sure I remember what the stock hose connection looks like. :headscrat: IIRC there is a short section of rubber or neoprene hose that connects the nylon coupling in the accordian to the plastic tube that runs to the breather fitting on the back of the valve cover. (If not you can make one... The key is, just make sure these things are connected together and that the connection doen't leak. (Hope this helps...)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts