Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! i'm new to the mazda6, only had mine for about 3 weeks and am slowly getting around to customizing. i got a cold air intake in and painted my engine cover! i have an 04 hatch with the headlight that has an open slot for the fog light in it, but has no bulb. wondering if anyone has found a good use for that? could i just get an hid kit and is there already a harness there for that section? any help would be great, thanks!

·
Registered
563 Posts
are you sure there's no light bulb in there? there is a good chance it's burnt out since you aren't the original owner. you'll know if you have fog lights by looking on the turn signal stalk and seeing if you have a ring that twists forward and back.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have MS6 with fog lights low in bumper. So i'm pretty sure it's just an empty space there in headlight..

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have MS6 with fog lights low in bumper. So i'm pretty sure it's just an empty space there in headlight..

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the fog light slots too..(which dont turn on) but my turn signal stalk does NOT have the fog light ring.. has anyone put bulbs and a new switch?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have the same question. I have the base model.

I Installed the stalk with foglight switch (I had the stalk without foglight switch)

I put a set of H3 Bulbs in the fog light slot in the headlight (projectors were already there)

I connected the bulbs ( 1 wire to bulb, the other to ground, which was already plugged in to the metal hinge in the headlight, I'm guessing thats for ground)

Now when i try to turn on the fogs, they won't work. I checked all fuses and everything is fine.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
563 Posts
I have the same question. I have the base model.

I Installed the stalk with foglight switch (I had the stalk without foglight switch)

I put a set of H3 Bulbs in the fog light slot in the headlight (projectors were already there)

I connected the bulbs ( 1 wire to bulb, the other to ground, which was already plugged in to the metal hinge in the headlight, I'm guessing thats for ground)

Now when i try to turn on the fogs, they won't work. I checked all fuses and everything is fine.

Any ideas?
did you bump any of the highbeam wires? sometime if the h/b ground comes off, the fogs and highs won't work. also, power is the black wires, colored is the grounds.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for the reply.

I had the black wire connected to ground, and white connected to bulb, I did not know it was the other way around. BUT... I just went downstairs and swapped the wires, but they still don't work.

I tried 2 different bulbs to make sure the bulb wasn't at fault.

The high beams are working fine, so I know I didn't knock the ground off those.

Any suggestions please?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Make sure you have the Fog Light Relay in the relay box. Placement is slightly different over the years.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The relay is there... Hmmm I've tried just about everything. Thanks for the help guys. I guess there is no way to turn on the integrated fogs without having the sports model.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts