Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys - I'm planning to make my own FMIC setup in the near future, but I want to keep the stock BPV. I tried searching for a proper flange, but only found
some on eBay that won't fit. The flange on the stock intercooler seems to have a 30mm diameter hole and I want to match that exactly.

Does anyone know where I can get a flange for the stock BPV? Otherwise I guess I would have to have one made at a machine shop, or maybe buy an eBay flange and have it modified to fit. Any ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
No one makes a flange pipe for the stock bpv. You have to make your own. What I did was buy and hks flanged pipe. Then drew a template of the stock bpv and had it machined and welded onto the hks pipe. Make sure not to buy the stainless steel one. Get the aluminum.

Reactions: MWSpeed6

·
Premium Member
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The Synapse adapter looks good. I actually came across it earlier today, but I didn't give it too much thought. I could have the BOV side welded to a pipe. The flat side matches the stock BPV. This looks promising - thanks!

I'm going to remove the bumper tomorrow to take some measurements so I can make a decision on which IC core to buy. I'm really going to take my time on this.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Any update on yours?

·
Premium Member
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ordered all the parts I need. But because I'm in Canada, I had everything shipped to a friend of a friend in the US. My friend will be staying in the US for 2 weeks later this month and will bring everything back for me. This will save me taxes, fees, etc, but it means that I won't get the parts until the first week of November. From there, I will take my time, working only on weekends. This is my only car, so I will need to plan ahead and take it slow.

As for the flange, I got the Synapse adapter. Probably not the cheapest way to build a flange, but I think the results will be good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts