Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Mazda 6 Sport
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know this or have any accurate estimation? I am getting a tune later this year, but I was really curious if anyone already tuned has information on this.

The stock 0-60 ranges from 7.2-7.6 (from what I've seen)

·
Registered
2016 Mazda 6 Touring AT, coilovers 1.2" drop, OVTuned, Injen CAI, Thrush Exhaust
119 Posts
I consistently pull 0-60 in less than 7 seconds now (average 6.8 or 6.9 seconds last time I did a series of runs to try to establish a decent average, though planning to do another series of runs to see what my new average is after recent mods, hoping for under 6.7 seconds :)).

Also, keep in mind that one of the best performing parts of the 6, made even better after tune, is the mid-range or active passing maneuvers. Talking just in terms of 0-60 under-represents how fast my car feels now.

·
Registered
2016 Mazda 6 Touring AT, coilovers 1.2" drop, OVTuned, Injen CAI, Thrush Exhaust
119 Posts
Can anyone else post their own 0-60 times when not tuned?
I'm a bit confused because multiple sites list it as 7.5 seconds and some even say 7.9 seconds (apparently the 7.2 second time is a 5-60mph rolling start). So now I'm curious what it is to start, I think the best I was able to manage when I got my car was 7.5 but not sure (I didn't write it down anywhere).

FYI, over on the Mazda3Revolution forum they are claiming the 2.5 Mazda 3 is 7.5 seconds stock and 6.8 seconds with OVTune. Given that our car is 300+ lbs heavier we should be slightly slower than that (and honestly the best I've been able to average going on same stretch of road both directions is 6.9 seconds so perhaps my measurements from last year were not fully accurate/ or a little optimistic)

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
In the 2.5 6mt variant the final drive ratio in the 6 is a 'wee bit shorter than for the 2.5 6mt Mazda3. Not sure for the 6at. So it's not just chassis wt. to compare. Aerodynamic square footage and drag ratio Cd also figure-in. I know, though, you're doing just a "quick-and-dirty" comparo.

As an aside, I know the 6at is faster than the 6mt (to 60) in the Mazda6.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi ABCGarage,

I don't have 0-60mph data, but I do have data on 2nd gear pulls while doing the OVTune. This was between first and final tune. The final tune actually goes higher in 2nd gear than 95 KPH due to a raised redline, but for apples to apples comparison, I chose two exact same velocity data points. Both were taken on flat ground, roughly similar ambient temp of 75F.

45-95 KPH stock (87 octane): 5.515 seconds
45-95 KPH tuned (91 octane): 5.070 seconds

1 - 6 of 6 Posts