Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've searched and couldn't seem to find any motor mounts for the 2.3 for sale, nor could I find any articles on how to reinforce the existing. I can't stand how mushy they are, so it's time to do something. I'm going to reinforce them with some strong polyurethane. Before I do, has anyone else done this?

·
Registered
412 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
yup, it's only the rear mount though. if you are looking for a set, you are out of luck. you can always remove and fill the tranny mount with "window weld" which people have been doing for years on various cars.

i haven't had a chance to really get under/in my car in a while to look, but i think 1 of my mounts is broken for sure....just don't know which one. couple more weeks before i can jack the car up and start taking things apart.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Must not of been a thorough search. Chambers makes an engine mount and I make an ATX tranny mount.

Edit: Sorry by mount I mean brace.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that VF doesn't say it's for my car, so i wouldn't go that way. Plus that's a lot of money. I'm doing my own this week and i'll hit you guys back with pics and info.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
FYI If your looking to add or slightly mod the stocks ones and you know how to make a simple mold then 3M makes urethane you might wanna look at.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
that VF doesn't say it's for my car, so i wouldn't go that way. Plus that's a lot of money. I'm doing my own this week and i'll hit you guys back with pics and info.
[/b]

what are you talking about? i just told you it worked on your car?? i've had it on for a year now since testing it with VF?? it's cool if you WANT to make your own, but don't say it doesn't fit when it does.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ah, i see, it does fit, my misunderstanding.

Got mine done, cam isn't working, pics later in a new thread. I love the result. No more shudder when shifting under power, it's great. It only cost me $30 and an hour of work. I have lots of pourable polyurethane left if anyone local wants to do theirs too.
Probably not quite ans stiff as the one you can buy, but a huge improvement worth the time.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
i just filled my tranny mount with 3M window weld, we'll see how that feels tomorrow. i was hoping the shock i have while driving was that mount, but after looking at it, i was wrong...but i filled it anyhow. i know HiBoost broke their passenger side mount, but there is no filling that one, can't even see what the issue would be....but i can feel that one of them is broken.

can someone help me. on the passenger side mount (2.3), if you feel the bottom with your finger, can you easily squish around the oil? never noticed that before, but don't know if i ever tried?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Sorry i cant help you with the side mount.. I don't have anywhere to do any work on my car whatsoever right now..

I was wondering if you have any reviews on the VF mount (how it's holding up, how it feels, etc.)?

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
no need for room to work on the car for what i need, just grab the mount and stick your finger under to touch the bottom. i have a sack of oil that is easily moved around on mine, wondering if that is normal....i'll most likely find out tonight at the meet though.

i've had the VF mount for the same amount of time as the turbo, and it's holding up great, no problems at all.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no need for room to work on the car for what i need, just grab the mount and stick your finger under to touch the bottom. i have a sack of oil that is easily moved around on mine, wondering if that is normal....i'll most likely find out tonight at the meet though.

i've had the VF mount for the same amount of time as the turbo, and it's holding up great, no problems at all.
[/b]
Hey Tea, yea, mine feels like a sack of oil is inside too. Very interesting.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts