Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know everyone who's ordered their 6 has had to wait long periods of time to get it--I'm certainly no different. However, I ordered mine Feb 13 and after getting the ETA pushed up a few times, it now currently stands to be built this month. Thus, I should have it early June. Yeah, waiting four months for the damn thing really pisses me off, but that's not all that does...

More than two weeks ago I got a call from the dealership saying someone at Mazda offered them (the dealership) the same exact car I ordered. The great thing was that this car was "at the dock" and was scheduled to arrive here within 7-10 days. So 7-10 days pass and I'm starting to think they meant 7-10 business days. Makes sense right? Well, I decided to call them yesterday because I'd not heard anything. Turns out the Mazda guy misspoke and that the car was not only "not at the dock," but not even built yet. So my dealer tells me everything else is still the same, that the car is still scheduled to be built in May, etc.

Now, you think it would have been nice and PROFESSIONAL of the dealership to call and tell me this, right? Instead, the only reason I know about this is because I decided to see what the hell was going on. I'm so pissed off right now. So pissed off that I'm tired of dealing with getting the ETA pushed back, tired of dealing with an establishment who can't take 2 minutes out of their day to call me on the status of my car, that I'm very very close to saying f*uck it and getting my deposit back. I can always get the 6 later on, from another dealership. But then I've waited this long, I might as well stick it out the next few weeks/months/years/whatever. What would you do if you were me?

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Reading Topic: Stiffed by Dealer?

I would get my deposit back. If a dealer can't handle pre-order situations, image what would happen if you get problems later on... :sarc

Take your money elsewhere, and explain to the dealers you talk to what happened, that you reclaimed your deposit. Tell them that the dealership who is first to, at an acceptable price, put a delivery date on paper gets your deal.

The paper part is important.

Anyway, I understand how you feel. I waited four months for my 6 also, and it was hell. I had no problems, though, and my dealer stands by his words. Everything was exactly what we agreed, and the cost was to the dime exactly what we agreed also.

Good luck.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Reading Topic: Stiffed by the Deale

I felt the same way after I heard that my 6-8 week delivery time was turning into "We don't know exactly when it will be here." Best thing I ever did was to get the VIN number and call MazdaUSA every week to check on the status of the car.

After hearing that my order was going to take about an extra two months I told my salesman that I was gonna start to look elsewhere. He told me to go ahead, they would most likely refund my deposit if I found one becuase they knew they could easily sell mine around MSRP when it comes in. (v6 5speed)

All in all, the wait has sucked, and I have had to carpool to work because my current car (the Probe) has went and died again on me, but the finish line is in sight for me. It sucks how much of a headlock the dealers have on us, especially someone like me that has no other form of transportation available, so I don't have the option of changing dealers and waiting it out.

All in all, June is right around the corner, the wait won't be so bad. The only thing that has been pissing me off lately has been the numerous "Have you gotten the car yet" questions from co-workers.

·
Registered
922 Posts

Well I understand why you would be angry, god knows I would be.

I hope you got a chance to speak to management at that particular dealership, if not, I would definitely write them a letter complaining of the service or lack there of!

its bad enough they didn't supply the car at the early date, but not to have the decency to call you and apologize is beyond me and totally unacceptable.

As for telling them to shove it up their ass, I hear ya! but ultimately you would be the one that loses out again.
I personally would wait it out but saying this I would also demand in writing or at the very least a verbal apology and maybe some extras tossed in to make me feel better :D

·
Registered
341 Posts

I'd let them keep the deposit for now but start hunting elsewhere. Talk to some sales managers on the phone and find out if anyone has something very close or could get something. Tell them the situation and tell them you're giving them the OPPORTUNITY to steal the sale if they can get a car and close to your negotiated price at another dealer.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts

agree with ozzie....definitely try and get extras out of this deal....

-yasir

·
Registered
248 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Stiffed by Dealer?'

Originally posted by stew560

I felt the same way after I heard that my 6-8 week delivery time was turning into "We don't know exactly when it will be here." Best thing I ever did was to get the VIN number and call MazdaUSA every week to check on the status of the car.  

After hearing that my order was going to take about an extra two months I told my salesman that I was gonna start to look elsewhere. He told me to go ahead, they would most likely refund my deposit if I found one becuase they knew they could easily sell mine around MSRP when it comes in. (v6 5speed)

All in all, the wait has sucked, and I have had to carpool to work because my current car (the Probe) has went and died again on me, but the finish line is in sight for me. It sucks how much of a headlock the dealers have on us, especially someone like me that has no other form of transportation available, so I don't have the option of changing dealers and waiting it out.

All in all, June is right around the corner, the wait won't be so bad. The only thing that has been pissing me off lately has been the numerous "Have you gotten the car yet" questions from co-workers.[/b]

Ur car is out there, not that many, but there are a couple out there.....what ur dealership should do is get ur car from another dealership and give them ur car that was ordered when it comes in.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts

I know I have my 6 already so maybe I'm "Monday Morning Quarterbacking", but why are people ordering the the 6? It seems to me that by hunting for a month, anyone can find the vehicle they are looking for within 200 miles of where they live. Ordering makes little sense to me, especially since Mazda has a notoriously bad ordering system.

I lurked some G35 boards before this one, and people there were waiting 3 months for their G35 Coupes to come in after ordering. But at least that car is built in Japan and must be shipped over. The Mazda6 is built in the States, isn't it? There is no reason why ordering a domestically built vehicle from the factory should take so long. The Altima is built in the States as well, and most people agree that an ordered Nissan Altima takes just 4-6 weeks to arrive at the dealer.

I got my financing approved on a Thursday and aggressivley started looking. I fell into despair after a few days, but by the end of the following week, I was driving my 6 home with everything I wanted in it. All it takes is patience and diligence, and you will find your vehicle at a dealer. Forget ordering...

·
Registered
652 Posts

Mebbe in RI that's the case, but there were no 6S with Manual, Bose, and Sport anywhere near where I live when I wanted mine. None in NM, TX, NV, CO, CA. I was lucky enough that a dealer had that very car in their allocation (8-10 weeks from that time) so all I did was put a deposit on that one.

I got the VIN number at the time I made the deposit, then took delivery 8 weeks later. A long 8 weeks, but definately worth it.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts

Well, 8 weeks isn't that bad. maybe the Northeast is just a bit better than the MidWest as far as availability of the Mazda6 is concerned. I've also heard that California has a goo supply of 5-Speed 6s models.

The way I did it was I sent out e-mails to every mazda dealer within 150 miles of me. Eventually, one replied and said he had what i was looking for.

·
Registered
204 Posts

You'ved probibly done this but....have ya tried to do the build and buy search off the mazda site? It at least gave me an idea as to how far away the dealerships were to me. I know that the stock online at the different dealerships weren't exactly up to date. But it at least gave me a place to start. Once I got the differnet phone numbers and names of sales people at differnet places I would call them every few days to bug them. And it didn't take up too much of my time makin the calls. I asked them what day of the week the new ones come in and then would make it a point to call them on that morning to see what models arrived. Eventually I got lucky and found exactly what I wanted.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Before I ordered, I went to four dealerships within 50-60 miles of where I live. None had any v6 manuals in stock (no surprise); and only one had any coming in--and it didn't have the options I was looking for. So I figured I'd order from the closest dealer.

I got to work today and not five minutes later, the dealership called and said they'd located one on the East coast. He said they're going to try to get that one now for trade with the one on order for me (which is exactly what DJSCIASCIA recommended). Then later on in the day, he called again and said he's still trying and that he'll have to wait until Monday to talk to this other dealerships. I guess he felt bad for not calling and is trying to make up for it. Good enough for me for now. May even get my car here sooner

But yeah, the "So when's your car gonna be here" is bad enough from co-workers. It's even worse from the person I'm selling my Neon to. At least I know she wants it bad enough to wait...

·
Registered
628 Posts

Originally posted by mxtheory
It's even worse from the person I'm selling my Neon to.  At least I know she wants it bad enough to wait...[/b]
Someone wants a Neon 'bad enough"? That is funny! :D

·
Registered
628 Posts

Originally posted by DJSCIASCIA
Ur car is out there, not that many, but there are a couple out there.....what ur dealership should do is get ur car from another dealership and give them ur car that was ordered when it comes in.[/b]
I tried telling him that, but he said that he had already tried with another customer and the other dealerships would not trade a car that was going to be sold at S-plan price. I chalked it up to BS, but i got sent on work travel for 4 of the last 5 weeks so it really wasn't that bad waiting out this last month.

MazdaUSA told me my '6 was being deliverd on/about May 12th, so I *should* be bringing my baby home next week at some point! (Pics to be posted soon thereafter!)

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

i had the same problem at my dealership........they told me a dark grey gtv6 gfx would arrive earlier than what i have now a silver gtv6 gfx

then they call me saying that mazda canada told the sales manager wrong info...so i coulnd't wait and took the silver

·
Registered
248 Posts

Originally posted by stew560

Originally posted by DJSCIASCIA
Ur car is out there, not that many, but there are a couple out there.....what ur dealership should do is get ur car from another dealership and give them ur car that was ordered when it comes in.[/b]
I tried telling him that, but he said that he had already tried with another customer and the other dealerships would not trade a car that was going to be sold at S-plan price. I chalked it up to BS, but i got sent on work travel for 4 of the last 5 weeks so it really wasn't that bad waiting out this last month.

MazdaUSA told me my '6 was being deliverd on/about May 12th, so I *should* be bringing my baby home next week at some point! (Pics to be posted soon thereafter!)[/b][/quote]

Oh ur an S-plan customer.....I see why they don't wanna trade....Ur basically payin cost for the car and for them to go and swap a car will cost the dealer money so that's why they don't wanna do that for ya....I'll admit our dealership will be guilty of doing the same.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'Stiffed by Dealer?'

That's why I've been behind the 8-ball with this whole waiting ordeal. At least I have seen from this board that I am not alone with the almost 4 month wait.

It turns out that my salesman 'no longer works' at my dealership and the guy that took all of his customers gave me a call yesterday and seems to be much more attentive to my needs. We will see how it goes (hopefully this week)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'Stiffed by Dealer?'

I actually went down to the dealer yesterday and told it to them straight. I basically said that I need to know by the end of the week some sort of firm date or else I want my deposit back. There are better things I could be doing with my money right now and I can always buy the car later. So the guy told me to stop by today and he'll let me know either way what's going on.

·
Registered
20 Posts

Originally posted by mxtheory

I know everyone who's ordered their 6 has had to wait long periods of time to get it--I'm certainly no different.  However, I ordered mine Feb 13 and after getting the ETA pushed up a few times, it now currently stands to be built this month.  Thus, I should have it early June.  Yeah, waiting four months for the damn thing really pisses me off, but that's not all that does...

More than two weeks ago I got a call from the dealership saying someone at Mazda offered them (the dealership) the same exact car I ordered.  The great thing was that this car was "at the dock" and was scheduled to arrive here within 7-10 days.  So 7-10 days pass and I'm starting to think they meant 7-10 business days.  Makes sense right?  Well, I decided to call them yesterday because I'd not heard anything.    Turns out the Mazda guy misspoke and that the car was not only  "not at the dock," but not even built yet.  So my dealer tells me everything else is still the same, that the car is still scheduled to be built in May, etc.

Now, you think it would have been nice and PROFESSIONAL of the dealership to call and tell me this, right?  Instead, the only reason I know about this is because I decided to see what the hell was going on.  I'm so pissed off right now.  So pissed off that I'm tired of dealing with getting the ETA pushed back, tired of dealing with an establishment who can't take 2 minutes out of their day to call me on the status of my car, that I'm very very close to saying f*uck it and getting my deposit back.  I can always get the 6 later on, from another dealership.  But then I've waited this long, I might as well stick it out the next few weeks/months/years/whatever.  What would you do if you were me?  [/b]

This could have been my letter except I am in Australia, read my post on aussie page.

Very similar, Just goes to show a lot of dealers come out of the same universal mould.

Regards Graham AKA Atenzless:(

1 - 20 of 23 Posts