Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess I shouldnt complain too much because I love Optmus but when I get problems, I get pissed.

Lately, the gears on my 05 ATX 6s have been acting funny again. Sort of like how it was before I got that TCM update with the stalling issue. Yesterday, I was driving back home and i got stuck in 4th gear for a couple minutes. I pushed down on the gas and it revved up high in 4th gear and then finally hit....6th gear immediatly. Thats when I cursed and said uhoh. Anyhow, since then, the gears have been very sticky and it seems like its a jerky ride again. Where the shifting of the gears arent smooth. You can tell when something aint right...and something aint right. Any ideas? I think I might take it to another Mazda dealer other than Glebe Road Arlington, they just dont seem to care as much.

·
Registered
517 Posts
That's why I shift my own gears. :) That way, I know who's to blame for a poor shift...

Seriously, though, based on your narrative I have to wonder if the reason the dealership "doesn't care" is because they can't reproduce your complaint of "the gears are acting funny"? "When I get problems, I get pissed" tells me you're an angry customer, too.

I'm curious... How do you know what gear you were in (4th straight to 6th)? Is there an LED that tells you? I've never driven an ATX '6, so I don't know. Some people perceive the torque converter locking / unlocking and think it's a shift. Were you in "sport shift" mode or hands-off? Have you ever driven another 6s ATX? Did it behave the same way with you behind the wheel?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
All I can say is take it in and have them to look into it.

I drive a manual so I can give you no help but only support.

Go to the dealer of your choice and tell them what you told us.
If it's not right [and I believe you] you could be doing damage by driving it like it is.
Take it in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
kdn02
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing