Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nwo that you have your car. What do you think of it?

Did you get the Optitron Guages and Xenon lights?

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Steve what do you think of your car?'

Yes, Applejax is right. Just answering your two questions here: Optitron is not available here, not even as an option. That's only in NA. (I'm not sure about Australia though, since they had that on earlier Mazda models. Rod?)

No, I didn't choose the Xenons. And I'm all happy without them. Very good half light anyway. (Last night at least one car turned his high beam on because he thought I had that too, but he regret himself when I turned it on for real...:D )

I'm gonna put on a bar with extra lights too, but not just yet. I don't feel like working on the car just yet. Now I'm just enjoying it!:)

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Yes they are. In Sweden - and we usually have very tough laws. (for example it's not legal to use half light and fog lights simultaneoulsy)...

·
Registered
86 Posts

Hmmm.........I don't know Steve.....you might want to reconsider.......It's like adding a bug tooth to the front of the car.....not quite sure if it would gel with the look of the M6.:D

·
Registered
350 Posts

Don't like the look of it at all.
Don't destroy the good looks of M6.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Well...this is the wasteland. Or worse. Good light isn't bad.

Personally, I think they look much better than the big extra lights some people add that make the whole car look like a frog.

I drive a lot in moose-land. Landing Several hundred kilos of moose on your car completely destroys the car and very likely kills you too. I prefer even ugly lights in front of that...:sarc

Our moose ain't no reindeer if you know what I mean...

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Yes indeed. It's good meat.:)

In Sweden moose hunting is a procedure here in the north every September. Thousands and thousands of men go out in the forest to hunt them...

I'm not one of them, though...

BTW, I saw three grown up mooses just next to the road earlier today (I was riding with a colleague, so there never was any danger to my Mazda6...phew!)

I recommend you try moose sometimes if ever given the opportunity. Great meat if cooked properly.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

I like to try new things, but I've never seen moose around herre (either on the road or on the menu).

·
Registered
510 Posts

Yes, Applejax is right. Just answering your two questions here: Optitron is not available here, not even as an option. That's only in NA. (I'm not sure about Australia though, since they had that on earlier Mazda models. Rod?)[/b]
As far as I am aware, Optitron was available on some on the Eunos Models only.........

We didn't have it on the Mazda models at all........

Our 6's don't have this, to be honest I am very happy with the standard Dashboard & instrument lighting, I thought the red might be annoying , but it's not at all !!!

Cheers
Rod

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Yes. Me happy. Too.:D

I don't think Optitron is too sexy, it looks like something's missin'...:p

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

As the optitron looks black when off, I think it would have looked much better if there was no chrome around individual gauges, ie. when the optitron is off, you just have one black surface.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

I buy that argument too. And it should have been a completely flat surface (no circular fields to distingusih the individual meters).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts