Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 Mazda6 non-bose radio

I do have an aftermarket sub connected to the stock headunit. The amp goes off but the radio display and other speakers stay on. I've done some searching but couldn't find anything. The only thing that has cut it off so far is disconnecting the battery.

Any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
2007 Mazda6 non-bose radio

I do have an aftermarket sub connected to the stock headunit. The amp goes off but the radio display and other speakers stay on. I've done some searching but couldn't find anything. The only thing that has cut it off so far is disconnecting the battery.

Any advice is appreciated.
hmmm, thats weird, usually the amp would stay on if its not wired right but to the only thing i can think of is the the orange wire (if im not mistaken) loosened out or came out of the wiring harness that leads to the stock head unit. that wire is the remote voltage that turns the amp on & off when the car is on or off... question, did you install?

·
Registered
349 Posts
to have the amp turn on or off I believe it is the orange wire since it is the ACC wire but there is also a blue/black remote wire as well. Honestly i do not recall which one a tapped into but one of those definitely. Check all of your wiring.

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
on my car, the stereo stays on even after you shut it off. and doesnt go off till i open the door. my guess is the door switch that tells the radio to shut off must be malfunctioning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts