Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the stock stereo - and even with the bass on +3 and a song on 15 or so- my side view mirros shake to the bass and distort my view a bit. Is that normal? Is it because the way the speakers are mounted in the door? It's not a big deal- but still a bit annoying. Anyone else with this problem?

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Reading Topic: Stereo shakes side views

Yeah that happens to me all the time, in my old car when i had my subs in the trunk goin you couldnt see nothing out of the mirrors, especially the rear view...

But yeah, when i upgrade my door speakers this summer im gonna put a sheet of dynamat around each speaker, should stop the vibration, or atleast minimize it alot.

·
Registered
498 Posts

I can't speak for Axion's old car, but in the 6, I found that it's actually not the side mirrors that are vibrating, but instead, it's the windows. I discovered this by placing my hand on the window; the vibration stopped. Also, with the windows down, I didn't notice the vibration.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts

When i have my windows down in my 6, and im listening to a song with alot of bass, i can still sit there and watch my mirrors vibrate. The glass if the window does also but not very much. Im sure the dynamat will fix the glass and door panel vibrations.

·
Registered
136 Posts

in mine the vibration sound stop when i put my hand on the windows control, it seem to come from the silver plastic part!

·
Registered
837 Posts

Hey folks, the speaker is mounted on the door so basically anything attached to the door will vibrate. May it be the door handle, windows control, glass, mirrors or just about anything associated to the doors will vibrate.

If you want to stop the vibrating, turn the volume or bass down. :)

Other than that, I suggest you to shake your head to the same frequency as the sound so you can see the object in the mirror without the vibration. :)

·
Registered
376 Posts

it's normal that it's vibrating like this... the speakers make some kind of pressure in the car and tend to move it with the bass... it's more noticeable when you get a better amp with subs... you just have to open a window a bit, like 2-3 inches... then all vibrations are supposed to stop...

·
Registered
102 Posts

Yeah, I definitely notice this in my car, the interior door panel makes a lot of vibration that I can feel. What would help a lot is to put in some dampening material in the door, like Dynamat, Raamat, Peel N' Seal, etc.

·
Registered
526 Posts

You can't stop the vibration. That's what sound is essentially.

What I want to stop is the buzzing the vibration causes. I'll try the window/switch ideas. If you can identify it, you're 90% of the way to stopping it.

My only concern is taking the door panels off to fix one rattle or buzz just invites another one to start.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts

Dynamat helps in more ways then the stereo too... A good dynamat installation helps road noise as well as keeping the sound in the car

·
Registered
102 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Stereo shakes side views'

Originally posted by Ruefus

You can't stop the vibration.  That's what sound is essentially.

What I want to stop is the buzzing the vibration causes.  I'll try the window/switch ideas.  If you can identify it, you're 90% of the way to stopping it.

My only concern is taking the door panels off to fix one rattle or buzz just invites another one to start.[/b]
Yes, you're right, vibration is sound, but... What you want is the speaker cone to vibrate but not the whole door. By putting dampening material in the door, you are killing the vibration in the door, but you will still hear sound because the speaker cone is still vibrating. If you put dynamat on the cone however...

·
Registered
3,431 Posts

Im going to be putting dynamat around all 4 door speakers very soon, ill let you guys know how much of the vibrating it actually help get rid of.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts