Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I just picked up my new Mazda6 today and I'm already enjoying it. My question is regarding the display of the stereo/clock on the Bose stereo. When I turn off the car and take the keys out of the ignition the whole display stays illuminated. If the stereo was on it stays on as well except at a drastically reduced volume. If I turn the volume all the way up I can then here the music, but faintly compared to when the car is running. Is this normal for this stereo/car? I'm used to just turning the car off and having everything turn off for me, but in this car I have to turn off the stereo and even then the display is remains fully lit (with the clock and outside temperature readings). Is this normal? Sorry if this is a stupid question but it seemed a bit odd to me.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Reading Topic: Stereo display always on?

I don't think this is normal. The ones I've driven isn't like that (with Bose I mean). Nor is mine with the standard stereo.

You should have your dealer check it while you have any battery left to start the car and get there...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Thanks for the feedback, I thought something was wrong as well. I'm going to get this checked out tomorrow and let everyone know what I find out.

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts

Hmm.. Well I have the non Bose system and this doesn't happen to me. However, some cars have a feature where the radio and display will stay on (even after the ignition is turned off) until a door is opened. Once the door is opened, the display and radio will shut off. Check and see if that happens. This fight be a normal feature on your car (even though it doesn;t do it on non-Bose stereos). It's far fetched, but will save you a trip to the dealer.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts

i have bose...it doesn't do that...everything shuts off unless i have it set to accessory with the key in the ignition...may wanna get that checked out!

-yasir

·
Registered
526 Posts

I'm with imammy - my Bose shuts down the instant the ignition it turned off.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Replying to Topic 'Stereo display always on?'

Ok guys, when I first made my post last night I really couldn't do anything about it until this morning. I thought for sure that I was going to have issues starting the car this morning but it started with no problems even after a cold winter night (I'm in Canada). guess the clock doesn't draw that much power really. I am going to go to the dealer this morning and see what they have to say. It's really an odd behavior... I can maybe understand that the clock would stay on, but the whole stereo (although it is much quieter)? I'll let everybody know how it goes just in case this happens to someone else.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts

thanx mre....when the car is off the only thing i see is the blinking light for the key immobilizer alarm thing. Aside from that, nothing else! Maybe it's a canadian thing, but i doubt it?

-Yasir

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I just got back from the dealership and they have isolated it to a wiring problem, not the head unit. This is not good... I have had the car for 1 day and I already have electrical/wiring problems. I'm taking it in tomorrow to be fixed so I will let everyone know how it goes.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Stereo display always on?'

Originally posted by Rainchild

Still, 1 wiring problem in 1000 happy M6 owners on this forum... not a bad error rate :)[/b]
It was the end of the day at the factory and they just wanted to get the d*mn car out the door. :D

·
Registered
526 Posts

Better to have the wiring problem now rather than a few years down the road.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Well, once I got it in the shop it turned out that it wasn't a wiring problem. It was actually a defective Bose unit. They swapped mine out for one that was in a car on the lot and all is good now. Time to start enjoying the car now...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts