Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

As the wheel has changed and includes heating (on some models), does anyone know of an aftermarket wheel or wrap that I can get?

Thanks

Andy

·
Registered
582 Posts
I have the Xuji suede steering wheel cover; while the install is a bit challenging, it looks amazing.

·
Registered
582 Posts
That's not a 2017 car though. Wheel is different on MY17 cars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would think Xuji makes them for the 17 as well.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
FYI, Waiting for feedback form Xuji

So I sent an email to Xuji last week about whether they had a wrap for the new CX-9 wheel and they did not know what wheel I was talking about. So I sent them a picture. I'm still waiting for them to reply to the follow-up email.

I'm just planning ahead, but they're lack of response is a bit baffling. I may just ping them again...

FYI, I also purchased the full leather wrap from them for my 2016 and it along with the kenstyle paddle shifters really elevates the feel of driving the car.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I love my Xuji wheel cover!

I've actually ended up installing these twice because of an issue with the first one. Lesson learned! Don't buy the cheaper $20-$30 version as it's not real leather and has severe fitment issues.

Its not as soft and pliable as the leather version so it's harder to wrap and tuck. It's also much thicker so it came up short in many of the areas behind the wheel near the paddle shifters. It also came up short everywhere around the wheel and left a 1/8 inch gap between the stitching. Needless to say I got my money back and I splurged for the $50-60 version which is true cowhide leather. I've had mine on for nearly a year and it's showing absolutely no signs of wear and fitment is flawless.

ImageUploadedByAG Free1490318651.677818.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
693 Posts
@Horn17 were did you get your wrap at? I had one like that on my first gen 6 and would love to get one for this car.

·
Registered
582 Posts
@Horn17 were did you get your wrap at? I had one like that on my first gen 6 and would love to get one for this car.

Sorry, it's been awhile since I've been on the forum. You should be able to google Xuji black suede steering wheel cover and get a link for it.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I can find one for a cx5 but not for the 6. Are they the same size or did you find one that was specific for the 6

·
Registered
582 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts