1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
926 Posts
At this point anything will do to replace my horribly worn out steering wheel. One year with the car and it's like shedding it's skin wth?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
really? can you post a pic? i recall another member here had tearing/stretching/ripping marks on his wheel

·
Registered
488 Posts
I'll snap one tomorrow morning. I guess I kinda over-exaggerated but it's basically scuff marks at the top of the wheel where I rest my hand sometimes. It looks like the wheel's been used for at least 7 years in that one particular area.

I blame it on either my rough hands or shoddy QC with the sport models.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I'll snap one tomorrow morning. I guess I kinda over-exaggerated but it's basically scuff marks at the top of the wheel where I rest my hand sometimes. It looks like the wheel's been used for at least 7 years in that one particular area.

I blame it on either my rough hands or shoddy QC with the sport models.
Correct me if I a wrong but I Believe the US market GJ has a leather wheel across the board, with additional paddle shifters on the GT. did they put the "lesser" leather wheels on the sport is anyone's guess

·
Registered
926 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
It's leather. And sweat will show up as white beads (salt), but it will come off. Beware SUNBLOCK, however, as that stuff PERMANENTLY stains organic material -- including leather.

What you have there should come off with a decent leather polish.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's the corrosive effects of salt (from sweaty, grimy hands), the body oil (from hands) and bacteria (again, from hands) + time...Luckily, this never happened, even to my old 12+yr old German ride with leather steering (with clean, damp cloth wipe down often) until I traded it in. Washing hands often (part of my job, as nurse) helps prevent this.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Sure doesn't feel like leather... anybody wanna chime in?
I had this issue a while ago. I carry a knife daily and when i get in the car and out i noticed it rubs. I have it in multiple places.

Watch how you get in and out ....you will catch yourself doing it

Reactions: djkynz

·
Registered
477 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
I bought a steering wheel cover the first day I got the car.

351 Posts
Flat bottom (just ignore the face :D)..just swap out the steering wheel controls, the bottom chrome spokes and horn/airbag assembly.

It say's it "fits CX-5, Atenza and Axela"...looks pretty decent.

Aliexpress.com : Buy Cx 5 modified steering wheel atenza modified steering wheel axela modified steering wheel steering wheel refires from Reliable wheel platform suppliers on suhong jiang's store.
O, mine, got!!! Gorgeous! Not clear though if the leather and carbon are real

1 - 20 of 26 Posts