Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: steering or suspension problems

Hi sexy six,
I never updated this page, the steering rack wasnt the problem, it was something as simple as LUBE, believe it or not, its now been around 6 months and the feeling hasnt returned..

here is the update i forgot to mention,
they have found the problem and it has to do with lubrication, Hmmmmm I said ummm lube? its a lube problem? he said yes as soon as they added the lube it stopped instantly, he said they used generic lube and have now order the OEM lube from Japan and it should arrive in 10 days..(next week some time)

Now firstly I must say I don't know where this lube goes or what its purpose is, I guess I was still half asleep so I didn't ask any questions.loll though I will ask when I speak to him next, I also have to be honest and say I don;t think this is going to fix the problem but what other options do I have...

If i remember correctly the lube goes into the steering rack, i guess the best person to contact regarding this issue would be Australia Mazda headoffice, techincal department, it was head office that found the problem not my dealer.

here is the infomation,
Need to contact Mazda Australia?

http://www.mazda.com.au/articleZone1.asp?a...ticleZoneID=110

Let me know how you get on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Replying to Topic 'steering or suspension problems'

Originally posted by ozzie

Hi sexy six,  
I never updated this page, the steering rack wasnt the problem, it was something as simple as LUBE, believe it or not, its now been around 6 months and the feeling hasnt returned..

here is the update i forgot to mention,  
they have found the problem and it has to do with lubrication, Hmmmmm I said ummm lube? its a lube problem? he said yes as soon as they added the lube it stopped instantly, he said they used generic lube and have now order the OEM lube from Japan and it should arrive in 10 days..(next week some time)

Now firstly I must say I don't know where this lube goes or what its purpose is, I guess I was still half asleep so I didn't ask any questions.loll though I will ask when I speak to him next, I also have to be honest and say I don;t think this is going to fix the problem but what other options do I have...

If i remember correctly the lube goes into the steering rack, i guess the best person to contact regarding this issue would be Australia Mazda headoffice, techincal department, it was head office that found the problem not my dealer.

here is the infomation,  
Need to contact Mazda Australia?

http://www.mazda.com.au/articleZone1.asp?a...ticleZoneID=110

Let me know how you get on.

Hi Ozzie,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I'll let you know what the outcome of mine is after Monday. Just hope they sort it out once and for all. If not, I will be trading it in for something else. Pitty though, it is avery attractive car, but sad to say, very problematic.

Cheers for now.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: steering or suspension problems

keep us up to date what you find out. I have a similar thing happening but mine might be a wheel bearing. Presents itself at 70 MPH when going around right hand curves.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Reading Topic: steering or suspension problems

Well I went to the Mazda service department today as planned and after 10mins of driving he finally felt what I've been feeling all week, He admits there is a problem and that it needs further investigation, so my car is booked in Tuesday week for a day long check of the steering,suspension and front end...He said it could be caused by a number of things, but mine is the first car that has come to them with this kind of problem...BONUS lucky me.LOL
Anyways, I'll keep you updated on that:D

Also I asked him about the noise some of us hear when reserving out of our driveways after the car has been sitting there for some time, He explain that is pretty normal during the colder months as the moisture forms on the disks as the car colds down leaving a very small layer of surface rust which kinda sticks the pads to the disks..After releasing the handbrake sometimes its a little stuck and as soon as you move it unlocks it hence the sound.loll He said a few of Mazda models do that and its no need for concern....Ok I'm done.loll
hi i have this - steering rack electric motor faulty- diagnosed by electrical mechanics x2 they both said its a common problem with the mazda 6 and they should be recalled as he fixes about 6 a month $1500 to fix
mazda dealer told me im the only one with this problem lol

21 - 25 of 25 Posts