Mazda 6 Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

Registered
Following, having the same issue with my 2016 Mazda6 Touring with 74k. Randomly noticed it about a month or two ago. Doesn't seem to affect my safety at all, I just really notice a difference when I drive someone else's car, especially my friend's 2019 CX-5 Turbo. About 15k miles ago, I started noticing a clanking noise at low and high speeds coming from the front driver's side. I had 3 mechanics look at it and no one can figure out what it is - after looking at some other treads, it might be the front struts. I haven't fixed it as the mechanics quoted me $1500 and weren't even sure that was the issue. After 15k miles, I wonder if this is related? Not sure at all. I've owned it since new and can attest that the car has experienced nothing more than normal/spirited driving.
I dont know if its related, but struts and shocks should be replaced every 50k or so, so youre due.

Registered
You are correct, the steering wheel does not return to center, it returns to 5掳 outside of center and it holds the direction of any input within that 10掳 range. So when I said tracks straight, I meant when the input is 0掳.

Pulling the fuse would rule out any possibility of a mechanical issue, I will do some research on this. Does anyone know if this would cause another problem?

I know you can witness the SAS in real time, I'm trying to find out what other components, if any, someone has been able to or knows of being able to view.

thread- Wandering issue

The car has this problem at all speeds.
Any update on this problem @EJAY11 ?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Following, having the same issue with my 2016 Mazda6 Touring with 74k. Randomly noticed it about a month or two ago. Doesn't seem to affect my safety at all, I just really notice a difference when I drive someone else's car, especially my friend's 2019 CX-5 Turbo. About 15k miles ago, I started noticing a clanking noise at low and high speeds coming from the front driver's side. I had 3 mechanics look at it and no one can figure out what it is - after looking at some other treads, it might be the front struts. I haven't fixed it as the mechanics quoted me $1500 and weren't even sure that was the issue. After 15k miles, I wonder if this is related? Not sure at all. I've owned it since new and can attest that the car has experienced nothing more than normal/spirited driving.
I came across this while researching. https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10174570-0001.pdf. I also hear a clanking noise but only at really low speeds. I originally thought it could be related, but in the previous thread I mentioned that owner replaced his entire rack and it did resolve our issue.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts