Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
3+ vs 4S Michelins

There's been some talk in this thread about the comparative performance values of the Pilot Sport 4S and the Pilot Sport A/S 3+ (both arguably the best in their relative classes). Attached is a chart of objective'ish tests done by TireRack.com. These tests were run on the same model BMW, so they should be comparable.

I ended up getting the 3+ for my G37 because I occasionally venture into the mountains here in SoCal. Not for snow, but because temps sometimes drop to 20 degrees or lower, and the 4S doesn't like colder weather (according to Michelin, the compound will start cracking at, or below 20deg). Otherwise, I would have gone with the 4S as it's specs are excellent in every way (see chart). That said, the 3+ doesn't lag all that far behind--average G-force corning in dry conditions is the same, and other numbers are pretty close.

Hope this is helpful…

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think I read there was some hesitancy to have an alignment done . . . I always have an alignment done when ever I get new tires. I would think that would be industry standard?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts