Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I've now seen exactly two Mazda 6's in the Baltimore/Washington area (besides those on the dealer lots, of course :) ). I was on I-95 just north of I-495 around noon today (Saturday, the 8th) and I passed a steel grey 6 with sport package and MD plates. Very nice! I was wondering if anyone here is the owner....

That being said, I'm very impressed with the rarety of the car in this traffic-heavy area. Is anybody else noticing this, or just the opposite, where they live?

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Reading Topic: Steel grey in MD....

I commute in the greater los angeles area and own a steel grey 6/s. I my self have only seen 3 since 2/2/03. One with a sports package and two without. Seeing a mazda 6 here is not a very common thing! The dealers told me these things are hard to keep on the lot!!!! uuummmmm...... right!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Steel grey in MD....'

I drive the main Vancouver freeway plus local traffic and have yet to see one that isn't in captivity (dealer lot).

Where are all the ones they claim to have sold? :sarc

·
Registered
15 Posts

I live in the Bay Area (San Francisco) and haven't seen a SINGLE M6 on the road. One of the most populous states in the nation and not a single one.

I've seen Z4's, 350Z's, Mercedes AMG's, even Ferraris...all in the past few months. But no Mazda 6. Either I need to get out more or the dealers are lying their heads off.

·
Registered
170 Posts

I have kept my eyes peeled since I originally visited the dealership in December,and have seen 4 total. This includes two trips to Chigago (driving); and one to Cincinatti. (seems like you would see more drving a lot)

·
Registered
15 Posts

I got you all beat! I live in a condo and in the building across from mine, someone bought a silver Mazda6. I can't tell if it's an S or base model but it doesn't have the spoiler or sport package. It does have a moonroof. And on Saturday, I saw a yellow Mazda 6s on the road with sport package and spoiler. I think this is the 5th or 6th Mazda 6 i've seen.

·
Registered
305 Posts

I think the only way to tell a 6i from a 6s is to look at the climate controls, right? (Assuming no V6 badge; my 6s doesn't have the badge.)

·
Registered
32 Posts

I actually saw two on my way up toward Philly this past Friday. One was a silver w/ sport pkg on Rt. 1 in Delaware, and the other was black w/ sport that pulled into the cicuit city parking lot near the Christiana mall. I spent the hour I had to wait for my friends to meet me (we chose circuit city for some reason) dreaming about the day I can pull into a parking lot and people will sit there and dream.

·
Registered
628 Posts

I saw my first 2 on the road since december on friday. A Black '6 on Route 528 here in Jackson and a Steel Grey '6 w/sport pkg on Route 195 later in the day...

My buddy said it was a sign that my car will be in soon...i hope so!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Replying to Topic 'Steel grey in MD....'

Originally posted by Vintalage

I got you all beat!  I live in a condo and in the building across from mine, someone bought a silver Mazda6.  I can't tell if it's an S or base model but it doesn't have the spoiler or sport package.  It does have a moonroof.  And on Saturday, I saw a yellow Mazda 6s on the road with sport package and spoiler.  I think this is the 5th or 6th Mazda 6 i've seen.[/b]
Yes, but I'm glad I'm not seeing alot. I'd rather not drive a traffic carbon copy like the billions of Hondas I see every year.

·
Registered
16 Posts

The dealers are selling as many as they can get their hands on. Before long we won't be posting on this topic anymore. BTW, mine is steel grey, and it's on its way up to Canada :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts