Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1862 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:TTIWWP:

Here it is, our very own Ricer thread. Any ricers or crazy abused cars you see on the road, post it up here so we can laugh and discuss.

Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
- Clear tail lights and corner signals
- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

CLASSIC Example:

·
Super Moderator
16,807 Posts
Hahaha nice title.

But C'mon, that dude has needs all that extra downforce to keep his FWD car's wheels planted!

I'll toss some in here that I've come across as well:

"They See me rollin'":

Love Pink?:

Neon green is the new black!:

Mutilated Mustang:

G35 WING-ness:

Wagon, that is all:

Moar Vinyl, MOAR Speed!:

Rims cost more than the car:

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
The Honda truck girl lives around the corner for me. She has upgraded the interior with a little more pink,

·
Super Moderator
16,807 Posts
^^ Yeah a lot of those are near East Boston - that place is like a rice festival.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Oh god i am going to have so much fun with this thread! STICKY

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
High point of my day. You rock Sonic. :D

·
Super Moderator
16,807 Posts
Haha yeah it's awful. I'm forced to take a picture of these cars now because I want to show the world the horror.

If I sat on south Main Street in Worcester, and Legacy sat in East Boston for a day each, we'd have 10 pages of images to post lol.

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Haha yeah it's awful. I'm forced to take a picture of these cars now because I want to show the world the horror.

If I sat on south Main Street in Worcester, and Legacy sat in East Boston for a day each, we'd have 10 pages of images to post lol.

You two should make that a weekend project :)

·
Super Moderator
16,807 Posts
Forgot this one near my office a while back. Rims are nice, but painted one of the worst colors he could have picked:

·
Super Moderator
16,807 Posts
The rear fascia is clearing waiting for the fart can he's on his way to Autozone to pick up.
HAD picked up :) - Thing sounded like a lawn mower running over a traffic cone. He had it set in underneath the bumper and you couldn't see it.

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
I had a chick take a photo of me while on my break, we were in traffic. She was in a lancer. I hope i'm not on a ricer thread somewhere.lol
More likely its in her serial killer hit list.

·
Super Moderator
16,807 Posts
Or she's going to tell all her friends what a REAL car should look like :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 1862 Posts