Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, this is an odd one. I have an '05 Mazda 6 (purchased Oct '05). The car has an automatic transmission. I have a dealer installed Mazda Remote Start.

It all began for me about 6 months ago when I used my remote start from in the house, and went out to find my car on (heat and all electronics), but the engine not running and the check engine and oil lights were on.

Here are the symptoms: Periodically, I go to start my car and it doesn't start. No engine crank at all. All electronics will come on, along with several warning lights (engine, oil, etc). Sometimes if I turn the key back to accessory, leave in on there for serveral seconds, then attempt to start again, it will crank and turn on. But if it doesn't turn on after that second attempt, I give it time and it starts back up after a hour or so.

It's been to the dealer three times for this, and each time they told me they couldn't find a problem and couldn't recreate the symptoms. The most recent time it acted up, I had tried unsuccessfully to start my car several times, then got out and shut the door and the Alarm System starting going off.

I think this is some big computer problem (maybe connected to the remote start and alarm system), but I can't seem to get any answers. Is it possible that the car's alarm system is not allowing an engine crank because it thinks it is armed? Other possibilities????

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
They normally have to install or modify the safty stuff in the car, this might be where the problem is...

On a side note once on a cool morning probably about 60ish out, my car would not start, it would however crank. It cranked and cranked and I got no fire. I had it towed, which the dealer seemed kinda mad at me for doing cuz hours later when the tow guy showed up the car started. The dealership could not find anything wrong, and it has not done it sence. They could not explain why it happend, they said a 3 did the same thing once, and it was because it had somehow got flooded. Well, not only did I try to start it at the time with the pedal down, and pumping both, but about an hour later my mom tried to start it again, and still nothing, so flooding was unlikely...

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
^^^ Fuel pump? To the first post, it most definitely sounds like an computer issue. Id guess the remote start was installed wrong / loose. See if they can remove it and let you see how the car does over a 2-3 week period without it on?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
RoX
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing