Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was the kit I bought. Installation was a breeze. Only modifications was to the map light reflectors. One philips screw each and they come right out.

Started with the license plate lights:

Forgot to remove the paper after backing it back into the garage. Went to get gas this morning and looked back…(face palm).

Door lights. MUCH brighter than stock. In fact, ALL of them were much brighter than stock. I was a little concerned that the one bulb for the dome light wasn't going to be enough. I was wrong. It lights the interior up like a battlefield.

Sorry for the crappy phone pics

Next step is glovebox and trunk. Considering how bright the dome is, I'm going to try a similar bulb in the trunk…see what happens.

The vendor is about 30 minutes from me, so I'm going to head up there and get a plan for HID's, switchbacks and reverse lights as well.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Looks sweet brother, I've been planning on doing this since I picked the car up. Maybe its time to just do it, maybe you've encouraged me! Tommy I think they're dog beds.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, I have to ask. What is in your back seat?
Yup, dog beds. Gives them a place to crash after the dog park.

Tony, I found the easiest bulb-remover-tool. Adjustable pliers with electrical tape wrapped around the teeth. I know its been posted about the bulbs getting hot and this is the easiest method.

·
Administrator
8,494 Posts
That kit doesn't include the license plate lights, does it? What lights do the kit go to?

·
Registered
22 Posts
One thing id suggest in the trunk, that I did, was try some strip lighting.

Pretty easy to slap on the metal roofing, and gives a MUCH better light spread. Will get pics if you wan to see :D

·
Registered
924 Posts
One thing id suggest in the trunk, that I did, was try some strip lighting.

Pretty easy to slap on the metal roofing, and gives a MUCH better light spread. Will get pics if you wan to see :D
I put strip lights in my trunk, Great upgrade... One thing, the peel and stick on the led strips didn't stick very well to the metal in the trunk. The metal is textured, I ended up using epoxy and they have stayed in place during the hot summers and now below zero winter months.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I put strip lights in my trunk, Great upgrade... One thing, the peel and stick on the led strips didn't stick very well to the metal in the trunk. The metal is textured, I ended up using epoxy and they have stayed in place during the hot summers and now below zero winter months.
Hmmm. I used a reel of peel-n-stick stuff and have had no issues. This is with a black car, in south texas. Also, the metal on my roof was smooth, wonder why yours is textured?

2011 6 here.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Hmmm. I used a reel of peel-n-stick stuff and have had no issues. This is with a black car, in south texas. Also, the metal on my roof was smooth, wonder why yours is textured?

2011 6 here.
It's smooth, but not automotive paint finish smooth. I was also trying to use the sticky back already attached to the strip LED lights. As I stated the epoxy worked very well, no issues.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts