Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't opt for either the Compass mirror OR the Homelink Compass mirror.

Does anyone know...is the standard mirror (I assume it's a prismatic mirror - the flip kind) header mounted or windshield mounted?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Reading Topic: Standard mirror....

from what i recall...windshield...in fact i think i know it's windshield....

-yasir

·
Registered
1,330 Posts

what are you planning on replacing it with?

if you wanna get the autodim/homelink variety, there's a little legwork involved cause you have to take out the headliner, or something like that...

just an fyi.

-yasir

·
Registered
1,330 Posts

sweet....can ya hook a brotha in VA up=P. Just kidding...sigh....my dealership quoted me a price of 600 dollas to get the Homelink mirror installed...sigh!

-yasir

·
Registered
1,330 Posts

unfortunately, i wouldn't ever know where to start.....and i think i'd trust the dealer, or someone other then myself over myself...at least in this regard. I'm trying to find out what other dealerships are charging for this, and see if i can get a better rate. we'll see what happens....if you get it installed, see if you can take detailed notes, and then report back=).

-yasir

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Well, this is what I got from an inside source.....

the difficult part is running the temperature probe wires, and you have to make sure you get the same part that is in the kit, including wires, probes, T-taps (to connect the wires,) etc. $600 isn't out of line with what I've heard from others.

How come you didn't order your car with the mirror already in it? Or did you buy it off the lot and it didn't have it?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts

i woulda loved too....and i asked about it, but the dealer guy was like, well, it's gonna be a dealer-installed option...so it's gonna be like another 700 bux (that was at the time of the contract signing)....and other bs like that....life goes on tho.

-yasir

·
Registered
170 Posts

I ordered it with mine, but it didn't come on the car. Now the dealer wants to charge me labor. I'm still fighting it, but they don't like to call back.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts

ZMZMSIX,

that SUX!!!! try the old tactic of using their review against them...be like, i ordered the part to be installed when i got the car...if you charge me for it, it looks poorly on your dealership, and this will be reflected in your review. The dealerships really take those reviews seriously.

-yasir

·
Registered
895 Posts

I wanted the compass mirror also, but it wasn't available. Ah well...

Maybe I'll get one of those water-submerged compass things. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts