Mazda 6 Forums banner

Stall problem

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  sadders71 
#1 ·
I'm not that technical so I apologise if this is in the wrong section or I don't explain the problem properly

I have a 2005 2.0 TS2 Mazda 6 manual that's done 110000 miles. 6 years trouble free ownership.

Recently its started to stall, mainly at idle but occasionally when I change gears. Some days are better than others. At times I need to keep my foot on the gas (even while braking) to keep the revs up and other days its just an occasional stall at lights. Occasionally after a stall it is hard to restart.

When idling the revs are usually just under 1 then they dip and come back up, then dip again etc and sometimes that will be a stall.

I took the car into my trusted mechanic who said there were no ECU codes but found sediment in the fuel. He cleaned it out as best as possible then changed the filter. Things improved but still an occasional stall. A week later it's hit and miss again.

When moving the engine sounds fine.

Any ideas what the problem is and what can be done?

Thanks in advance.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.