Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to install the Stoptech stainless steel lines for the front corners. I know the benefit is debatable in many cases, but I have a good amount of track and autocross events coming up and I'm upgrading what I can before then.

Reasons for upgrading the front lines:
-The Mazda 6 is quite heavy and any help in braking can help when driving at the limit
-The stock braking system gets exhausted quickly
-Brake Flush is needed before my next event (will already be done there so why not)
-I'm curious to see if they'll provide a benefit and want to report back with results

·
Rally Racer
1,973 Posts
The SS lines are nice but they will not give you any more braking power. You will get more responsive braking feel but the car wont stop faster and will not feel less fatigues after working hard. The only way to do that is change rotor/pad compound or size.
Once the anti-lock kicks in your are already past your edge of traction.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The SS lines are nice but they will not give you any more braking power. You will get more responsive braking feel but the car wont stop faster and will not feel less fatigues after working hard. The only way to do that is change rotor/pad compound or size.
Once the anti-lock kicks in your are already past your edge of traction.

I have the Powerstop Z23 Evolution Sport Brake Pads for all four corners, not sure how much of an upgrade that is. I also have Centric Rotors, though I believe these are not an upgrade at all rather just a direct replacement. Regardless, I just figured upgrading the lines was the next step before ever committing to a BBK.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have done the same on my 6. The stock brake lines were causing my brakes to become "squishy" after multiple track days, even right after a fresh Dot4 brake fluid change. Hence, I isolated it down to the stock brake lines. For my car, the stainless steel replacement fixed this issue immediately, and it has remained good for the past year.

Just as a note, the new SS brake lines will not have the locking pin that holds it in place on the caliper, so I torqued the screw a little harder to ensure that it does not rotate.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have done the same on my 6. The stock brake lines were causing my brakes to become "squishy" after multiple track days, even right after a fresh Dot4 brake fluid change. Hence, I isolated it down to the stock brake lines. For my car, the stainless steel replacement fixed this issue immediately, and it has remained good for the past year.

Just as a note, the new SS brake lines will not have the locking pin that holds it in place on the caliper, so I torqued the screw a little harder to ensure that it does not rotate.
Which lines are you running? Also, are you running all four or just the fronts?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The rear lines are pretty short on the 2014-2015 which reduces expansion. Remember a hydraulic system is only as good as the weakest link.
Techna-Fit makes the MA-1252 stainless steel kit for that model range and they offer colors to appease the inner boy racer.

It's unfortunate that there are no pictures of it, but I'm definitely highly considering this!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 11 of 11 Posts