1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
ive had the light up ones installed for a few years. and adore them now. i had them for a few years before i ever installed them. i was worried they might be kinda ricey, so wasnt in a rush to install them. but after actually doing it. i couldnt be happier. they look like they could be an OEM optioned part in all truth.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
ive had the light up ones installed for a few years. and adore them now. i had them for a few years before i ever installed them. i was worried they might be kinda ricey, so wasnt in a rush to install them. but after actually doing it. i couldnt be happier. they look like they could be an OEM optioned part in all truth.
It says these are "stick on" - is that how yours are MonoxideChild? If so, are the wires easily hidden?

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
mine had some 3M double sided tape on them. which i didnt use cause i wasnt impressed with there sticking power. i used some carpet tape to install them i had instead. the wire's tuck under themselves. and you dont even see them. then i just ran it under the carpet along the side. mine are hooked up to my door switch's. so there only on when a door is open.

i did have to shave down the underside of my stock sill because these just sit on top of them. and they rubbed the door on my test fit. so i shaved a tiny bit off the underside of the stock ones to give me that clearance i needed. plus since i shaved it from the underside. if i ever decide to remove the aftermarket sills, there's no sign i did anything to the stock sills. :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
hey mono any way you could post up a pic? i have a silver 6 with a blue and black theme and i have blue interior led's, i've been curious as to whether or not these would fit with my theme

·
Registered
99 Posts
no rush! it would be nice to see it illuminated as well... (so a night shot would be great too!)

·
Registered
134 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
wow I like that a lot. it'll be cool to light up, but shoot @ that price, I'm not complaining

EDIT: dang 09-11 Mazda6 :( got excited

·
Registered
332 Posts
looks great man it's like your car swallowed the sun in the thick darkness. gotta be like Corey Hart and wear your sunglasses @ night

·
Registered
224 Posts
So I just ordered the Stainless non-light up ones off ebay. It will be a while till they come in but when they do, should I just stick them on over the plastic ones already on there or is there some way to take the plastic ones off completely and then replace them with the new stainless ones?

·
Registered
599 Posts
I received mine already but have not put them on yet. They are very light. I think the plasatic one just pop out. I checked the other night and it seemed to come up easily

·
Registered
224 Posts
How long did it take yours to come in? And when you do get them post some pics and let me/us know what you had to do for clearance purposes and stuff

1 - 20 of 43 Posts