Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in the Mazda 6 hatchback as my next car. However, I'm wondering if the U.S. version will offer stability control, navigation system, and have real adjustable rear seat head restraints. I would certainly want all of those on my car.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Reading Topic: Stability control, nav system, rear head restraints?

The North American 6 already has stability control aka Traction Control as an option.

NAV will likely become available in a future model year, no one knows if/when.

The rear head restraints have been a discussion point here and are not expected to be added or come as an option on North American cars.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Actually, stability control is separate from traction control.

That's too bad about the lack of rear head restraints.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Yeah, Mazda hasn't mentioned any future plans for DSC in the US, but they have said NAV is coming. Rear head restraints...who knows.

·
Registered
319 Posts

When the 6 was first coming, I remember reading an article that had a quote from a Mazda person something along the lines of "as of right now we have no plans to offer DSC in the US market, however, if demand proves high enough, we may bring it in the future" or something like that. Really doesn't say much, but I'm sure they're studying demand....

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Yes. We've seen a few of our campaigns in here pay off earlier. Time for a new one. Start mailing them and demand DSC! (Which is a great system, btw, helped me a couple of times already in potentiellay hazardous situations).

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

I would love to see DSC (as we all know :p); and it made me think...

Do any other direct competitors offer DSC (i.e. Accord, Camry, etc.)?

·
Registered
980 Posts

I really do not think that the Camry has it. The Accord on the other hand I am not sure.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Stability control, nav system, rear head restraints?'

I think the rear headrest will have to show up soon for a safty factor. The NAV may be able to order it sometime real soon.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

The most important item to me is stability control. That's what I really want to see added. Rear head restraints would come in second, and the nav system is really the least important item to me.

But it just bugs me that they already have all of these features on the Euro and Japanese versions, and they leave them off the U.S. version.

·
Registered
526 Posts

I agree - but suspect it has to do with overall vehicle cost. The NAV option goes for nearly $2,400 USD in the UK. Add that, the head restraints and DSC with a V6 engine and now the car is competing with entry-level luxury cars.

Could be a tradeoff for getting the V6 - I may be wrong, but I believe that's the one thing North America gets that no one else does.

·
Registered
980 Posts

Yes you are right Ruefus. I now know that the rest of the world don't get the V6. I dont know about Japan though...do they get the V6?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts