Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this car really discontinued?

If it is then I am a happy camper because it was the biggest piece of junk out there and I hate seeing those things on the road!!!!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Is this car really discontinued?

If it is then I am a happy camper because it was the biggest piece of junk out there and I hate seeing those things on the road!!!!
[/b]
Do you know what you are talking about? For 20k there was nothing that came close to it's performance.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Neons R Ghey

·
Registered
826 Posts
Dodge just fails. Honestly. The only car I would ever consider purchasing from them is the viper. And that has more of a kit-car feel/atmosphere. To quote Road & Track, "you can smell the fiberglass and resin glue cooking in the car."

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Wow, you must not like RWD full size vehicles. Dodge/Chrysler has it right as far as that goes: Charger, 300, Magnum and Grand Cherokee SRT8's all running 12's off the showroom floor (in the right DA). I would have killed to have my old Impala run 12's with a WARRANTY!!!

·
Registered
826 Posts
Well theres also the fact that I'm asian. Being raised by asian parents they've instilled in me a sense of great loathing for any american car makers. Ironically I purchased a Mazda, while being originally a japanese company, Ford, an american company has a 31% stake in it.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Well theres also the fact that I'm asian. Being raised by asian parents they've instilled in me a sense of great loathing for any american car makers. Ironically I purchased a Mazda, while being originally a japanese company, Ford, an american company has a 31% stake in it.
[/b]
Open your eyes to all types of cars, I used to be Chevy V8 RWD only until they only started producing trucks, SUV's and Vettes. A man with kids needs a 4 door car that he can have fun with. The Speed 6 fills that need at the house currently and with a bit better gas mileage. :)
Try and get a ride in a 300 SRT8 and you will be a convert, the only thing is it's $40K....
:)

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
though i've been in some fun Dodges, i'd have to say the Viper would be the only one i'd own.....and i wouldn't. the 300/charger/magnum line is great, been in a few modified ones and they feel great...but my 4banger keeps up with em fine. even the SRT line is overrated to me.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Your 4banger keeps up with an SRT? Your HP says 230WHP, so figure around a high 13 with your car with good conditions vs a 12 second car (10 car lengths) in the lap of luxury, quiet leather etc. Yeah I looked HARD at one of the SRT8's before the Speed, at the time they weren't dealing at all, in fact people were paying 10K above sticker without flinching. If the employee purchase price had been out I'd have an SRT8 right now instead of a speed6. Until you've ridden in/driven the new SRT8's I'd say reserve judgement....

·
Registered
531 Posts
Do you know what you are talking about? For 20k there was nothing that came close to it's performance.
[/b]

Very true, for the price it was certainly hard to beat. It was all about performance (mostly straightline though). They didn't have the best interior or exterior looks (imo) but they weren't bad at all. The caliber on the other hand is downright ugly (again just my opinion) and I wish they had just continued the Neon SRT line with a re-design. Dodge could be so much better looks wise if they would just get rid of that horrid front grill or only use it on their trucks.

·
Registered
375 Posts
wow some noen jelousy going on in here.... you guys are just sad cause the neon has more of an aftermarket and was faster from the factory...
ha HA
all kidding aside, those cars are great, they are holding up the turbo dodge legacy very well.
hmm srt 10 fastest truck you can buy
srt 10 viper one sick earth moving torque monster pretty cool looking
srt 8 all of them look great and handle great (for what they are) and sound good too
srt 6 well that car never really sold but it was good anyways (crossfire)
srt4 we will see how many of you hate the caliber its supposed to be 300 hp but if you all know how they underrated the neons when they came out then youll know that they should be dynoing about 290 to the wheels from the factory
it might be ugly but its got a mini fridge in it and it will scream down the street

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I'd drive a Magnum. I love that low-slung pimped out hurse look. But the SRT Neon or whatever that thing is, I wouldn't piss on that thing if it was on fire. And people call it a Skittle or some shit? Even more retarded.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Dodge sucks. I was mad excited about the revitialization of the Charger line and they have to be idiots and not offer it in a manual transmission. Why? What great mind came up with that idea? The Neon is a girls car and yeah the SRT-4 was speedy but it's still a speedy girls car. The only thing even remotely associated with Dodge i would consider buying is something off the Jeep line. Have you seen the new ugliness that they are calling the Avenger? I think it is a trend to release ugly cars, everyone seems to be going that route and Dodge is leading the parade. I'm glad your trucks and the Magnum are selling alright cause the rest of your line is puke on a stick.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I understand the appeal of the SRT4. Good performance for the money. Still can't say that I would own one though. Just doesn't fit my needs.

It's a shame that the Magnum, Charger, and 300 weight so much. Imagine what they would be like if someone put some thought into the design? I don't get the styling either. People must like the gigantic boat feeling/look. :headscrat:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The SRT-4 was the shittiest car i ever seen. People always say how fast it is for the money....well you know what its not that cheap. For an extra 3 grand you can buy a Mazdaspeed 3 or civic Si or an old gen Eclipse. any of those look better and have better quality. THE SRT-4 was built in MEXICO

1 - 20 of 29 Posts