Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was playing around today and was able to pull away from one, not by a lot, but had a car length on him by after about 10 secs of full throttle, 6K shifts. I was reading the specs on the car (which BTW sound like Sh*t under full throttle) and it would seem he should have pulled on me.

I guess I'm unleasing the driver/car genie with this question :)

·
Registered
252 Posts
I was playing around today and was able to pull away from one, not by a lot, but had a car length on him by after about 10 secs of full throttle, 6K shifts. I was reading the specs on the car (which BTW sound like Sh*t under full throttle) and it would seem he should have pulled on me.

[/b]

I'm going to assume you were at a track when this happened, just so that a Mod doesn't close you down. When I was at the track with a SRT-4 next to me, I pulled from him... by a long shot. They are light cars, but if you get the launch on them, there isn't much they can do to catch up really. IMHO.

·
Registered
231 Posts

[/b]
A pretty even match up I would think. Ive read 1/4 times from [email protected]

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'd say if they can get traction they are dangerous. But getting a nice launch on one of those without wheelhop isn't easy. I had one for a year and I enjoyed the broad torque curve but I had so many problems I decided to ditch it.

You can see some pics of mine here: http://www.cardomain.com/id/SixSpeedV6
I should add that at higher speeds they will prob take our cars. They weigh much much less.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm going to assume you were at a track when this happened, just so that a Mod doesn't close you down. When I was at the track with a SRT-4 next to me, I pulled from him... by a long shot. They are light cars, but if you get the launch on them, there isn't much they can do to catch up really. IMHO.
[/b]
Track, of course ;)

nice mods to your car, btw. I've been toying with the MBC, but am worried about warranty issues of running 16lbs to 6700. Has your dealer seen the mods?

Thanks

·
Registered
252 Posts
Track, of course ;)

nice mods to your car, btw. I've been toying with the MBC, but am worried about warranty issues of running 16lbs to 6700. Has your dealer seen the mods?

Thanks
[/b]
Yeah, they've seen them and they kinda laugh and turn the other way when it comes to them.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, they've seen them and they kinda laugh and turn the other way when it comes to them.
[/b]
Yeah, I guess it comes down to the dealership. Mine - IMO - would bend me over and F me if they had the chance. I've hd enough issues with MazdaSouth to last a lifetime. Glad to hear there's one out there that's not a prick.

Thanks man

·
Registered
507 Posts
The thing with SRT-4's is that they seldom stay stock. Here in Michigan we have quite a few modified ones including a yellow one with the Mopar Stage 3 upgrade on stock internals running 11.3's.

But stock to stock, I'd leave it to the driver/road conditions.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Yup, stock to stock, it's a drivers race. On the top end I'm sure the SRT would probably pull us pretty good due to the low weight.

But like HAL said, there is tons of aftermarket support (even from Mopar themselves) so it probably wouldn't take much to put them into the 11-13's.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Yup. agree with everybody on the drivers race. My friend ran 13.9-14.0 in his srt4 stock. I'm still a fan of srt4s (even though he always killed my msp).

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The thing with SRT-4's is that they seldom stay stock. Here in Michigan we have quite a few modified ones including a yellow one with the Mopar Stage 3 upgrade on stock internals running 11.3's.

But stock to stock, I'd leave it to the driver/road conditions.
[/b]
Yeah, stock vs. modded is a different thing. I had my ass handed to me today by a Prelude! Of course, this was again, at the track ;)

Being I could hear his BOV, obviously it was not stock :)

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Now is this an 1/8th mile or 1/4 mile track you're talking about?! :drive: :nana:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
i beat an srt4 on a bicycle.

but it wasn't at the track. it was on the main drag in my town. in the middle of the day. with babies lining the street. highly illegal.

it was AWESOME.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
^^^^ ROFL....

Thats my kinda post... I'm not sure what this stupid bullshit about "if a mod sees this he'll shut it down"

This is a damn car / tuner forum... People are gonna street race... Now I can understand... offering to setup or "host" an illegal event is bad for the website... However talking about something you did.. which wasn't exactly legal... is just.. fucking... fine...

I went 80 on 101 yesterday... OH SHIT thats 15 over speedlimit... Better delete my post and call the cops on myself and the other 100000 cars doin 80...

Sorry to sound like smartass... i'm one of those people who get sick of all the censoring in this country .... Got banned from a Battlefield 2142 server today for saying "fuck this bullshit" twice in a row after my unlocks stopped working.. and i got -10 points for some douchebag rolling his APC over my tank and killing himself and his 3 passengers... (team damage / team vehicle damage)... When you're blowing people up with missles.. and shooting "noobs" in the face with sniper rifles... where the hell does someone come in and say "dont' use bad words" but be sure and blow people up good...

"Bad words" and "Killing people" go hand in hand....

"Tuner / Modder" groups... and Faster than the speed limit driving... go hand in hand.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts