Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did some searching around for exhaust alternatives besides CP-e, (although I think I'm gonna go with them anyway) and I found this company. Anybody heard or used their stuff before? Besides these guys and CP-e, Magnaflow are the only people making cat-back exhaust stuff.

Here is the link to SR motorsports.

SR Motorsports

What do ya'll think?

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think that actually is for the Speed6, is it?
[/b]
They have a product number for the speed6. I'm gonna call tomorrow to see if it's legit.

·
Registered
475 Posts
about the only info i can add is the name sounds familiar and brentwood is in california and thats where i live looks legit to me.

·
Registered
982 Posts
It definitley isn't for the Speed6. If you read through the part about the midpipe with the cat, it says it was part of the Mada6 Project. When you click the link it shows some pics of a regular 6.

The cat-back is also not for the Speed6 I don't think because you can see a pic of the rear bumper there.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I have contacted them as I work about 10 minutes away from them. The reply I got was due to the limited production nature of our MS6, they will not produce any MS6 specific parts. Crossover parts the will work for both M6 and MS6 will be the only offerings.

The search continues... :tear:

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info... It's weird they will post a part number for a mazdaspeed exhaust, but they tell people that it is just a crossover from the NA 6.

Looks like CP-e is the front runner on cat-back exhaust.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Thanks for the info... It's weird they will post a part number for a mazdaspeed exhaust, but they tell people that it is just a crossover from the NA 6.

Looks like CP-e is the front runner on cat-back exhaust.
[/b]
I got a quote by a local shop to do the exact same setup as CP-E in my car fo only $190, plus cost of muffler.

They're doing a custom single exhaust on my buddies Accord V6 Coupe, and I'llsee how his turns out first.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I got a quote by a local shop to do the exact same setup as CP-E in my car fo only $190, plus cost of muffler.

They're doing a custom single exhaust on my buddies Accord V6 Coupe, and I'llsee how his turns out first.
[/b]

Is this Mandrel Bent? I called Bob's Muffler and Radiator Shop in beautiful Bakersfield, CA, which is the only Mandrel bending shop around (open to the public that is) and maybe the only one in the state, not sure. At any rate, he quoted $299 for 3" mandrel bent stainless with muffler.

Does anybody know what the purpose is of the four segment 3.5" piece of pipe CP-E calls a muffler? Do we need it? I was planning on going without a muffler all together. The plan is to stop in Bakersfield on my way to Zoom Zoom Live at Fontana. I'll let everyone know how it works out.

·
Registered
982 Posts
That piece that CP-E calls a muffler is called a quad-core muffler. It is more of a resonator than anything. It is made by Kooks and is made to last longer than a glasspack resonator and other straight-through mufflers such as Magnaflow's products.

Of course you don't need it but I am sure it does cut down on a lot of drone and raspiness. Something that small however probably does not really lower the volume of it by much though, it just smooths out the tone.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That piece that CP-E calls a muffler is called a quad-core muffler. It is more of a resonator than anything. It is made by Kooks and is made to last longer than a glasspack resonator and other straight-through mufflers such as Magnaflow's products.

Of course you don't need it but I am sure it does cut down on a lot of drone and raspiness. Something that small however probably does not really lower the volume of it by much though, it just smooths out the tone.
[/b]
Any idea on how long it will last? Is this something that will need to be replaced before 4-5 years?

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Actually, my shop quoted me for 2.5" piping, forgot to mention.

I may just do 2.75", but if I do go 3" I will probably add a resonator in addition to the muffler.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Any idea on how long it will last? Is this something that will need to be replaced before 4-5 years?[/b]
I am really not sure about how long exactly those quad-cores last, but I know that glasspacks tend to wear out pretty quickly. Over time, they do less and less muffling and you will be able to tell.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts