Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2005 6i 5-Door Sport, 4 cyl, ATX with 16000 miles. (I hear your applause). I've noticed that occasionaly when corning from a stopped postion, squeeling emits from my L and/or R wheels. I've read here everthing from it being a common problem to needing a whole front brake job. Is there any newer info on this problem?

Thanks,
JR

·
Registered
94 Posts
It's your tires. The stock tires are rock hard and will squeal when pushed to the limits of their adhesion

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I just bought a 2005 6i 5-Door Sport, 4 cyl, ATX with 16000 miles. (I hear your applause). I've noticed that occasionaly when corning from a stopped postion, squeeling emits from my L and/or R wheels. I've read here everthing from it being a common problem to needing a whole front brake job. Is there any newer info on this problem?

Thanks,
JR
[/b]
You hear the applause because these are very good cars!!!

My question is: Is the squeal tire squeal or brake squeal??

·
Registered
810 Posts
yeah. once i chaned my tires they stopped squealing

·
Registered
15 Posts
I don't mean to hijack here, but I was about to make a similar post. I just bought a 2004 6s w/ 48k, and I have a similar problem but it's DEFINITELY not tire squeal. the only way I can think to describe it is that it sounds like a big iron gate closing, that kind of screech/squeal. I notice it at low speeds when doing hard turns (ie parallel parking). thinking of taking it to the dealership since it's under 50k, but idk if that'll do me any good (probably not)

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I had that exact problem, only noticed it when I was backing up. I took it to the dealer and it was a missing brake shim, replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
15 Posts
well I guess I need to go ahead and get that checked out asap. one more question though, I bought the car with like 48,300 miles on it, damn near 50k, still under warranty though right? I didn't get any "warranty paperwork" from the person I bought it from, but that shouldn't be an issue, should it?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
well I guess I need to go ahead and get that checked out asap. one more question though, I bought the car with like 48,300 miles on it, damn near 50k, still under warranty though right? I didn't get any "warranty paperwork" from the person I bought it from, but that shouldn't be an issue, should it?
[/b]
Unless you go to the same dealer he bought the car from and they have his paperwork listed, but I couldnt tell you about the 50k, I bought extended warranty anyways cause mine is at 35k and its an 05....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts