Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I started to notice a sqeaking noise coming from the rear of the car. It wouldn't be that bad while idling, but once I started moving it would get louder and higher pitched. I left the engine on and figured the noise was coming from my left muffler. I look into the tailpipe and see this.

[attachment=18970:IMG_0178.JPG]

Now, I don't know what the silver thing is and have never seen it before, but I manage to pull it out of the tailpipe. I start the car back up and the sound is gone. Here's a picture of the metal thing in my muffler.

[attachment=18971:IMG_0179.JPG]

Anybody know what this is? Granted my car knowledge is limited, but I'd thought I'd see what someone else thought. I do park outside, so I wouldn't doubt somebody messing with my car. It's been broken into as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
267 Posts
The other day I started to notice a sqeaking noise coming from the rear of the car. It wouldn't be that bad while idling, but once I started moving it would get louder and higher pitched. I left the engine on and figured the noise was coming from my left muffler. I look into the tailpipe and see this.

[attachment=18970:IMG_0178.JPG]
Now, I don't know what the silver thing is and have never seen it before, but I manage to pull it out of the tailpipe. I start the car back up and the sound is gone. Here's a picture of the metal thing in my muffler.
[attachment=18971:IMG_0179.JPG]

Anybody know what this is? Granted my car knowledge is limited, but I'd thought I'd see what someone else thought. I do park outside, so I wouldn't doubt somebody messing with my car. It's been broken into as well.[/b]
The second picture looked like a silencer, common in a lot of aftermarket exhaust applications, I believe they should be removable in both tailpipes, most manufactures leave the customer with that option. The rust and corrosion looks bad! If Im correct just remove the other one as well, the exhaust should not be that loud in the first place and it wont effect the performance, or just wait what other members say. What type of exhaust is that?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
someone prolly decided to be funny and shove that in their..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. Its stock exhaust so someone most likely felt like screwing with my car. Oh well. Yeah the rust doesn't look so good, eh? To be honest I've never really noticed before because of the chrome tips on the end of the tail pipe. Anything I can do about it?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Thanks for the info. Its stock exhaust so someone most likely felt like screwing with my car. Oh well. Yeah the rust doesn't look so good, eh? To be honest I've never really noticed before because of the chrome tips on the end of the tail pipe. Anything I can do about it?[/b]
Im getting ready to sell my magnaflow exhaust soon if your interest just let me know, it'll be dirt cheap also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.