Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If this has been posted before, my apologies, but I just wanted to share this news. Like so many other members, my 5-Door squeaked a lot when it's cold out. I told my dealer on Wednesday at my oil change, and there response was "They all squeak, but we'll take a look at it." Well, they adjusted the latch a bit and lubed the crap out of it. NO MORE SQUEAKS!!!!!!!!! I know this won't fix everybody's squeaks in the hatch, but it fixed mine :D

·
Registered
898 Posts
Well check this out. I said in another thread that the car seems to rattle and squeak according to the weather. I get a lot of those after the car has been in the sun for a few hours, but most of them just disappear after half an hour or so of the AC running :D
Talk about a moody car!

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
The loaner 2006 6s wagon I'm driving and have been for about a week now. The dash rattles terribly when I start off in the cold AM (30s-40s). Kind of surprising, since this car has only about 4000 miles on it. My 6i has 13k on it, and no rattles yet (Thank God!).

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Actually, I've found that the only fix to a rattly-squeaky hatch is to develop a nice thick layer of earwax in both ears... works wonders (also fixes the over-talkative wife/GF issue)

Honestly, my car's squeaked and rattled since day 1, and 40K miles later it hasn't changed a bit... so might as well ignore it.

OP, I hope that rattle stays away... oops just jixed it didn't I ? :)

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Actually, I've found that the only fix to a rattly-squeaky hatch is to develop a nice thick layer of earwax in both ears... works wonders (also fixes the over-talkative wife/GF issue)

:barf:

Honestly, my car's squeaked and rattled since day 1, and 40K miles later it hasn't changed a bit... so might as well ignore it.[/b]
Alot of ppl say this, but I guess I'm lucky not to have to deal with it. The dealer even took apart my dash to fix to air leak from the defroster and I haven't had any problems with it. Of course, now my Magnaflow exhaust is so loud I wouldn't know it. :nana:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts