Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE A QUESTION I RECENTLY BOUGHT A MAZDASPEED 6 2006 AND I NOTICED TODAY THAT WHEN I AM STOPING AT SLOW SPEEDS THE BRAKES SQUEAK A LITTLE , THE CAR HAS ONLY 1000 MILES DOES ANYONE HAVE AN IDEA OF WHY THIS HAPPENS

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
have the dealer take a look if you're concerned. mine squeak a little at low speed stops, like start squeaking at 5-10 mph. it's not every stop, but enough to be annoying. i just turned 15k, and i noticed it around 14k.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
have the dealer take a look if you're concerned. mine squeak a little at low speed stops, like start squeaking at 5-10 mph. it's not every stop, but enough to be annoying. i just turned 15k, and i noticed it around 14k.
[/b]
thanks i will take it to see whats wrong with it

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
i was just about to post the same thing. my car squeaks especially in reverse. gonna have the dealer take a look at it soon.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Most performance brake systems squeek a little especially at low speeds. Mazda tries to limit this as much as possible by using OEM pads that dust alot but it is almost impossible to get rid of it completely. If it really bothers you, you can take it to the dealer. They will probably do one of two things.
1. They will tell you that it is normal and send you on your way.
2. If they are really nice they might take it back in the bays and clean the rotor and re-grease the back of the pads.
Either way if you have the time to take it down it is worth a shot.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Most performance brake systems squeek a little especially at low speeds. Mazda tries to limit this as much as possible by using OEM pads that dust alot but it is almost impossible to get rid of it completely. If it really bothers you, you can take it to the dealer. They will probably do one of two things.
1. They will tell you that it is normal and send you on your way.
2. If they are really nice they might take it back in the bays and clean the rotor and re-grease the back of the pads.
Either way if you have the time to take it down it is worth a shot.
[/b]

ahhaaa...Now, If I went to my Mazda Dealership and had this problem......99.9% sure they well say.....That it is normal and send you on your way.

ugghh.....my Mazda dealership can care less of what happens.... :sarc:

ahh well.....I'm not going there anymore anyways....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts