Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that if I run the car to redline (this problem will occur when shifting at lower RPMs but in general, it happens when you floor it) in first gear that I get a squeak noise when shifting from first to second gear. That squeak noise is usually accompanied by a hestitation. I remember when I first got the car, it used to either lunge forward during the first to second shift or spin the tires....

I have done a couple simple checks on the clutch such as putting it in fifth gear around 20 MPH and flooring it to see how the tach reacts....I did not get any clutch slippage. I also tried putting it in fifth gear while stopped with the e-brake on, then popping the clutch....the car stalls as it should.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I have noticed that if I run the car to redline (this problem will occur when shifting at lower RPMs but in general, it happens when you floor it) in first gear that I get a squeak noise when shifting from first to second gear. That squeak noise is usually accompanied by a hestitation. I remember when I first got the car, it used to either lunge forward during the first to second shift or spin the tires....

I have done a couple simple checks on the clutch such as putting it in fifth gear around 20 MPH and flooring it to see how the tach reacts....I did not get any clutch slippage. I also tried putting it in fifth gear while stopped with the e-brake on, then popping the clutch....the car stalls as it should.

Any ideas?[/b]
maybe its just very early signs of slippage, since its only 1-2 shifts where the most tq would be. are you doing any power shifting/shifting real hard?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
fullmetal6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing