Mazda 6 Forums banner

SPY PHOTOS: New Mazda 6

54K views 462 replies 110 participants last post by  Six-wheeler 
I can 100% confirm the engine options for the next-gen 6 will be a 2.5L 4CYL and the 3.7L All Mazda 6CYL

The Germans and Russians think it will look like this... not sure if it has been posted...

CX-9 Style Exhaust...

3.7? I don't think so.... 3.5 is a more civilized guess...[/b]
As I said I can promise you'll see the Mazda 3.7L in the car... Mazda has already made steps to have the motor approved by Cali (Big deal compared to the rest of the nation)...

I'm not positive that it's going to be a pure duratec in the new 6, the motor is fully Mazda Japan.... possible Duratec roots I presume, but nothing Ford about it is what I'm told...

Remember, the new 6 and CX-9 are all built in Mazda Japan. Mazda does not ship engines from the US to Japan. The entire car is built from the ground up in Japan. The first year CX-9 with the Ford 3.5l did not go over well with Mazda at all. Once again, from some very good sources, this is a Mazda motor.

EDIT: To make it easier, it doesn't make sense for Mazda to do their own engines from the standpoints you guys are looking it, not gonna sell many of them. But, if Mazda did a full in house motor and outsourced it to Ford, it would make sense... :)

another reason maybe is that Ford is going down the toilet. Just sold Aston Martin, trying to sell Volvo and Jaguar. I would say if it is an All Mazda motor, then it might have been a "lets save our ass now and not have to worry about Ford in the long run." Ya Ford has some shares of Mazda but no more than 15% but maybe they are also selling those back?

Or even maybe all the reports were wrong about the 3.5 being in the 6 the whole time and the 3.7 had been developed from the start.[/b]
To give some more insight...

I was talking to a very high authority at MazdaUSA (With 6Club member Raynman standing next to me) and when I mentioned buying a CX-9 for the wife, but i was worried about the ford motor... i said "what do you think of it".... he rolled his eyes and didn't give a direct response, other than wait for the Mazda motor.

I can say with 100% certainty Mazda has been testing the 3.7L in Japan in the 6 for a while now... 100% confirmed information. I don't think the 3.5L was ever going in it, but that is nothing more than an opinion..

Only counter argument to that is that the Japanese guys were made they didn't get a V6 Atenza, and that Mazda Japan will indeed be getting the 3.7L...

i agree with Wiggum. Looks like Mazda uses Mazdaspeed to breath a little new life into its products as they start to show some age.

;ast Mazda Protege Debuts 1999 mazdaspeed in 2003, all-new protege (mazda3) for 2004

Mazda6 Debuts 2002 (2003) Mazdaspeed in 2006, all-new 6 2008

Mazda3 Debuts 2004 Mazdapeed 2007, is there any news on this replacement yet?[/b]
We won't see a new 6 til model year 09... :(

Dealerships don't know anything...

Regional reps don't know much either...

Find a dealer that has a Japanese Engineer visiting to look at certain vehicles for Mazda Japan = Info :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.