Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 463 Posts

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Wow, it looks pretty good :)

It seems mazda has some good control over making it look sexy. And a 5door model to boot.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
I'd actually consider buying one if the specs are right. Now that I have a fun toy (once its running), the 6 needs to be less of a race car for me. The shaping so far doesn't look bad. Lets keep our fingers crossed :)

·
Administrator
2021 Mazda6 Carbon Edition
8,683 Posts
FWIW, not much new here. They've had the same info about the '08 6 for a while now (including the new V6, AWD, and the hybrid). You can't tell much from the photos either (which is actually the point).

·
Registered
732 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
The wikipedia article on the Mazda 6 referred to the new 2008 as going to look sort of like the Mercedes-Benz CLS -Class

Sort of similiar looking: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_CLS-Class[/b]
That mule doesn't really look anything like the CLS Class. The CLS has really long, low lines. That mule looks like it has quite a stout front end and the rear is pretty tall with a short deck.

·
Registered
732 Posts
That mule doesn't really look anything like the CLS Class. The CLS has really long, low lines. That mule looks like it has quite a stout front end and the rear is pretty tall with a short deck.[/b]
Well I suppose so but I still believe there are more similarities than differences.

·
Registered
732 Posts

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
the current 6 is too small for many in NA. the size is increasing to bring it more inline with the camry and other like-sized cars.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
The size is increasing to bring it more inline with the camry and other like-sized cars.[/b]
Precisely, my point. That increased weight and length is supposed to make it zoom zoomier? You can have all the power in the world with that Duratec 35, but you can't bend the laws of physics to make it not feel like a pig in the corners.

If Mazda is doing what BMW did with their 3 and 5 series, then I'd think my next Mazda would be the next variant of the 3. Or a future RWD sports coupe altogether.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Its okay. Not a hugh fan of it. I agree that we need more space, especially in the trunk... :) But we will have to see what the final product looks like...

1 - 20 of 463 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.