Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I could not make heads or tails of some of the info on here about springs for the speed6.. So I know some will say to search... but hopefully there will be some who will be helpfull.

I am looking to lower my speed a bit not slam it. What kind of springs can I use? What are the best for a drop that is subtle?

Have any of you owners dropped your speeds yet Do you have pics you can post?
thanks

Michelle

·
Registered
721 Posts
The only springs made for the speed6 are Auto Exe but they're a bit pricey and the rates are kinda wonky... nobody has tried them yet.

Eibach claims to have an application for the speed but it's just the V6 part# so don't bother.

None of the other springs for the non-turbo 6 have rates stiffer than stock except for Megan Racing but the drop is going to be over 2" on our cars so you will have no suspension travel left.

Tein is doing some R&D right now so you can wait to see what they offer or you can go with a full damper system like the HKS Hipermax LS+. Don't bother with the K-Sport/D2 coilovers, the shocks aren't that great.

Please, whatever you do, do not put regular V6 springs on if they are softer than stock. You will degrade the handling.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think i may have to wait.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
chul
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing