Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Springs (or at least think it's the springs) make noise when I go slow (5-10 mph) over bumps. I don't know if the rubber on them needs to be replaced or if I have bad springs. I have Tein H type.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
did you do the install yourself or did u pay somebody to do it?

regardless, if you loosened the endlinks and dropped the sway bar during the install, then it is quite possible that when everything was put back together, the nuts on the endlinks where not tightened enough. this will cause a slight clunk whenever the sway bar is flexing.

if that is not the case then either the rubber piece that sits on top of the spring was not put back in or it was put in incorrectly or it has worn out.

my first suggestion would be to check the tightness of all the bolts that were touched during the install and ensure that they were properly torqued.

hope that helps,
cheers.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I had a noise i was chasing, had me baffled but it appears to be the worn out rubber on the bottom of the strut spring. Top spring rubber is fine as it has double the surface area. I can find upper spring rubber aftermarket but not lower spring rubber aftermarket. Anyone got links?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts