·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI THERE
new to the community
do not flame me please :drive:
took me a while to search and read the spring stuff in the suspension thread
anyone here only did the springs? the service dpt told me that the shocks should be fine cuz the springs are designed to work along the stockers... but logically... I think it somewhat kills the shocks cuz it's gaining more pressure
how do you guys think of just putting on the springs and leave the shox stock?

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Welcome!

Here's a good read: http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...hl=stock+shocks

In general, with firm, aftermarket springs, you will wear out your stock shocks faster. How much after? Depends on the road conditions you normally drive on and your driving styles. For the very few, with aftermarket springs, their stock shocks only lasted 12k or so. For some their stock shocks are still running strong after 30k.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome!

Here's a good read: http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...hl=stock+shocks

In general, with firm, aftermarket springs, you will wear out your stock shocks faster. How much after? Depends on the road conditions you normally drive on and your driving styles. For the very few, with aftermarket springs, their stock shocks only lasted 12k or so. For some their stock shocks are still running strong after 30k.
[/b]
I take that mazdaspeed springs are not considered to be considered as aftermarket :drool:
so I guess I will have to believe what the dealership has told me and just go along with the mazdaspeed springs since they are designated for stock shox then...

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have the racing beat springs, and LOVE the stance of them. They firm up the ride just right, and only lower it enough to make the car sit nice. I do think that the Racing Beat springs are pretty much the same as Mazdaspeed though, correct me if IM wrong! Oh and I have had them on my car for 6 months now with no signs of worn shocks!

Hope I could help!

I take that mazdaspeed springs are not considered to be considered as aftermarket :drool:
so I guess I will have to believe what the dealership has told me and just go along with the mazdaspeed springs since they are designated for stock shox then...
[/b]

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I'm running Eibach Sportlines(2.0 front 1.8 rear) on stock shocks, Been a few months now... I have koni yellow's but havn't bothered to deal with the install on them yet.

It's not the brightest idea to do though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts