Mazda 6 Forums banner
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Any updates on performance? Please do tell.[/b]
He doesn't have the front bar on his car, but he said he can tell a big difference in the way it drives.

With mine, I had the rear bar only then had the front bar put on at the dealer where I bought it from (Rosenthal Mazda, the site sponsor). Since having the front bar put on, there's a HUGE difference in the way the car drives. I am extremely pleased in the changes.

I'm surprised they didn't grease up the front bar correctly. I'm going to have my buddy check it out next week and see what's going on. Mine squeaks more when cold, but it seems to do it all the time and my steering also makes noises when turning almost to the lock either left or right.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
UPDATE:

So I took the car to my mechanic, who said my front sway bar was rubbing against the subframe, which is why I'm hearing squeaking and all kinds of noise in the front suspension.

In the rear, he said there were bolts missing that bolted the sway bar to the underside of the car itself. Also, the stock rear endlinks (which I replaced the original ones with another set of OEM ones when I had the rear bar put on) are bent and need replacing. I can fix that easily enough by ordering the ones from RPM. The bolts I assume the shop can order and replace for me.

The car should be fine once I get the rear stuff fixed, but the front bar's a mess and I will be taking the car back to the dealer who put it on.

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
The car should be fine once I get the rear stuff fixed, but the front bar's a mess and I will be taking the car back to the dealer who put it on.
[/quote]

You know you should have gotten the RB endlinks from the beginning. :nana:

I'm glad you had the dealer put the front on cuz at least it will be free to fix. I gotta stop messin' around a get the sways!!! :yesnod:

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
You know you should have gotten the RB endlinks from the beginning. :nana:

I'm glad you had the dealer put the front on cuz at least it will be free to fix. I gotta stop messin' around a get the sways!!! :yesnod:[/b]
Either the dealer's going to refund half of my money, or I will be complaining to my bank about poor service since I used my Visa card and be getting my money back or at least attempting to. :angry:

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
Either the dealer's going to refund half of my money, or I will be complaining to my bank about poor service since I used my Visa card and be getting my money back or at least attempting to. :angry:[/b]
Yeah, bro... Get whatever you can. My dealer tried to get some cash out of me after replace my jacked-up seat. It's funny cuz they never mentioned money and I even dropped my 6 off and didn't sign estimate. Later they called me and said it would be around 700 bucks. As if... Got the 6 with the new seat, FREE!!! Well, after having to raise my voice and ready my foot for some ass insertion... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
302 Posts
That sucks! Hopefully you'll get everything fixed.

p.s. I'll probably get some pics of my RX8 wheels later today and post them on here ;) They look really good. I just got done taking my old tires up 3 flights of stairs. Man, that was quite a work out lol. The stock 6 tires/wheels feel alot heavier than the RX8 ones do.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.