Mazda 6 Forums banner
41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
Sorry dawg! Once we get warmer weather or a lift I think this is as good as on![/b]
Yeah, man... We was workin' on a trade, but I knew it was to good to be true. Both, F/R sway bars FTW!!!

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
my only reason i wouldn't have thought it'd be a huge difference is isn't it like 3-5mm difference from the stock to aftermarket front sway bar?

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
my only reason i wouldn't have thought it'd be a huge difference is isn't it like 3-5mm difference from the stock to aftermarket front sway bar?[/b]
I'm not sure, but I know the rear bar looked like almost 2x the thickness of the OEM rear bar that was in there. That rear sway and the springs dramaitcally changed the handling so much that I didn't think there was much room for improvement. Apparently there is. I can't wait to have it put in now. :)

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
I'm not sure, but I know the rear bar looked like almost 2x the thickness of the OEM rear bar that was in there. That rear sway and the springs dramaitcally changed the handling so much that I didn't think there was much room for improvement. Apparently there is. I can't wait to have it put in now. :)[/b]
ENVY is runnin' thick in my blood, but I'm happy for you at the same time... :nana:

·
Registered
267 Posts
my only reason i wouldn't have thought it'd be a huge difference is isn't it like 3-5mm difference from the stock to aftermarket front sway bar?[/b]
First off the the stock bars suck! Whatever aftermarket one you choose thats all your prefrence, When I removed mine the bars were not the best of quality looking bars I've seen, If you want I can post pics of the stockbar and bushings. N-E ways here are some specs:

Mazda 6 STOCK : frt 23.0mm / rr 19.0mm
MAZDASPEED... : frt 26.5mm / rr 22.5mm SOLID (rr two-position adjustable-supposedly)
EIBACH ........... : frt 27.0mm / rr 22.0mm _____
RACING BEAT .. : frt 28.5mm / rr 27.0mm SOLID
Progress Rear Sway: rr 24mm (only rear is offered)
Whiteline.................:frt 24mm / rr 22mm

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
First off the the stock bars suck! Whatever aftermarket one you choose thats all your prefrence, When I removed mine the bars were not the best of quality looking bars I've seen, If you want I can post pics of the stockbar and bushings. N-E ways here are some specs:

Eibach .................... Available yet?
Whiteline.................:frt 24mm / rr 22mm, or 22 w 2-hole adj
MS6 oem ............... frt 24mm (fit, cheap?)
[ /quote]

·
Registered
267 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>

Eibach .................... Available yet?
Whiteline.................:frt 24mm / rr 22mm, or 22 w 2-hole adj
MS6 oem ............... frt 24mm (fit, cheap?)
[ /quote][/b]
huh? :huh:

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Sorry for the messy reply. Some comments on your sway bar specs list:

- Not sure if Eibach is in production.
- Whiteline also offers adjustable rear, as well as non-adjustable.
- OEM MS6 front bar, at 24mm, might fit some Mazda6 years as a cheap upgrade.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
I haven't really had a chance to test out the car until very recently. I took the car to the body shop 2 days after I got it back for the bumper repair, and it's been icy and snowy over the last 3 days or so. Driving to lunch today down the winding road rated at 25mph and snapping corners off at 40+ was VERY fun. Adding just the rear bar and springs has changed the car SO much. I can't wait to add the front bar now. :D

·
Registered
302 Posts
I haven't really had a chance to test out the car until very recently. I took the car to the body shop 2 days after I got it back for the bumper repair, and it's been icy and snowy over the last 3 days or so. Driving to lunch today down the winding road rated at 25mph and snapping corners off at 40+ was VERY fun. Adding just the rear bar and springs has changed the car SO much. I can't wait to add the front bar now. :D[/b]
It's too bad you, Justin6s, and I can't get the front bar on your car on Sunday :(

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
It's too bad you, Justin6s, and I can't get the front bar on your car on Sunday :([/b]
It needs to be on a lift to do it, and there's no lift in the garage we use. :tear:

EDIT: I found this place in Glen Burnie where you can rent their lift for $18/hr., and also their tools if you need to for additional. Only thing is, they're open 9am-5:30pm Monday-Friday only. UUGGHH!!!!!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Ya just be sure you grease the bushings real good, I got my car back from midas after they installed the front bar and I dont know if they did a shitty job or if they didnt grease them at all, but my car is groaning real loud when I drive slow. The good thing is there is a automotive hobby shop on base, and the lifts and tools are free, just costs 7 bucks a hour, but they dont open till noon and close at 8pm. So I ordered the same grease from summit and I'll re-do them my self.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Justin6s and LapisLazuli6 are helping me install these on Sunday:

I think the car is going to feel like a whole new car afterwards :yesnod:

We have:
Racing Beat rear sway bar
Mazdaspeed hatch springs
CP-E motor mount
Smoked rear reflectors

LapisLazuli: Did your RB sway bar come with grease? Mine didn't come with any and I thought it was supposed to.
**Edit: Nevermind, I found it stuffed under the flaps of the box.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
LapisLazuli: Did your RB sway bar come with grease? Mine didn't come with any and I thought it was supposed to.
**Edit: Nevermind, I found it stuffed under the flaps of the box.[/b]
Well damn, I didn't know the bar came with grease. I bought my bar used though, so either the guy forgot to include it (which probably happened), or the shop where I took the car the first time to have the stuff installed (who couldn't do it) kept my grease.

Oh well, we had some stuff lying around anyway so it's all good. ;)

You will definitely feel a difference when the stuff's on. But your car will still have more understeer than mine does because you have a V6 :p (j/k)

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
BUMP...

Please read the first post and help if you can.. thanks :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
UPDATE:

I had the front bar installed. Now when I hit bumps at any speed, but especially speed bumps, I hear this squeaking noise like my springs are squeaking or something. This didn't start until the front sway bar was added though.

Advice???

Thanks![/b]
Sounds like a common symptom people had with my old car when we put aftermarket swaybars on with polyurethane bushings. The grease that came with the kit would wear away too fast and the bushing would squeak when the bar rotated. Using antiseize as a lubricant fixed the problem.

-Nik

·
Registered
845 Posts
Justin6s and LapisLazuli6 are helping me install these on Sunday:

I think the car is going to feel like a whole new car afterwards :yesnod:

We have:
Racing Beat rear sway bar
Mazdaspeed hatch springs
CP-E motor mount
Smoked rear reflectors

**Edit: Nevermind, I found it stuffed under the flaps of the box.[/b]
Any updates on performance? Please do tell.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Sounds like a common symptom people had with my old car when we put aftermarket swaybars on with polyurethane bushings. The grease that came with the kit would wear away too fast and the bushing would squeak when the bar rotated. Using antiseize as a lubricant fixed the problem.

-Nik[/b]
Yeah, after nearly two years, the grease is wearing away for both my front and rear sways. Especially in the cold, when I shift, I can hear the squeaking noise.

Wouldn't antiseize material eat away at the polyurethane bushing? I thought only certain type of grease can be used for these bushing.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yeah, after nearly two years, the grease is wearing away for both my front and rear sways. Especially in the cold, when I shift, I can hear the squeaking noise.

Wouldn't antiseize material eat away at the polyurethane bushing? I thought only certain type of grease can be used for these bushing.[/b]
I thought it would too, and maybe it does a little, but I didn't have any problems in the 3+ yrs. I'm installing the rear RB bar this weekend and plan on using the antiseize like I have in the past.

-Nik

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
I thought it would too, and maybe it does a little, but I didn't have any problems in the 3+ yrs. I'm installing the rear RB bar this weekend and plan on using the antiseize like I have in the past.

-Nik[/b]
Ahh, I also noticed your location. This squeaking noise occurs only when it's cold. During warm weather, 60+, I can't hear the squeakin noise. So I don't know if the anti-seize material would help during the cold season.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.