Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
I already installed the rear swaybar, Me and a friend are doing the front bar today so I will let ya'll know how difficult it will be. Also the front is alot more important than then the rear bar, I used to have a g35 about a year ago anf the only mod I did on that was the swaybars and a CAI, and after that front swaybar installation it was a whole new car!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hmmm..... Yaaaa... about that front RB swaybar.
That was a mother [email protected]#[email protected] to install, long story short, let profesionals install the front bar, I had two friends helping, a car lift, all the tools known to man, a handfull of mechanics/advisors walking around and still it was the hardest mod I've ever done. I attempted to install it at a automotive hobby shop on a Marine corps base, and we could not loosen one of the nuts/bolt on the steering rack so it ended up being 2 1/2 hours of frustration :swearin:
So I tucked my tail between my legs and took the car to Midas to have them deal with it and I should have the car back 2marrow. Now Im not saying it cant be done, cause a lot people on forum have done it themselves, just saying be prepare to spend ALOT of quality one-on-one time with your 6, and you will hate this car when its all over, but you'll get over it in a matter of hours.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'm curious what the difference is with it on the car. But I have the rear bar on already and it feels alot different. I am wondering if the front bar will enhance steering response or anything else.

How do you like the rest of the mods (springs, rear bar) that you did?[/b]
The springs are okay, a smooth ride alot better than stock plus it lowered the car a little bit, that was a fairly cheap and a good mod to hold you by a while (in my case a couple of years :laugh: ) until you can do a more serious suspension upgrade. The rear bar I noticed right after I installed it, that was a good mod, but not really a "Must-Have" mod, I will let you know 2marrow how the front bar turned out. IMO it just wouldn't feel complete unless I had both bars. I gonna order the KW coil-overs next week and thats gonna be a project of its own.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I noticed immediately with the rear bar and the springs. The car leans alot less when cornering, and I have gauged my speed around the same turns as before and I can take them at 10mph+ faster than before and still feel in control. Since there was such a big improvement in road and steering feel with the mods I have already, that's why I questioned the validity of also adding the front bar.

I am going to call the dealership tomorrow and ask them how much the front bar installation is going to cost. How much did Midas charge you if you don't mind me asking?[/b]
Dude, :irate: $200
I know, I know :slap: but I had no other options

·
Registered
267 Posts
Just got the front bar installed, and let me tell it made a world of difference! Highly recommended. Steering response is very impressive, helped out to reduce the understeer. The same corners I was taking yesterday I can take now at higher speeds(Staying within the speed limit.... :sarc: ) and have more control and confindence. If you plan on doing some serious moding this one is highly recomended.

·
Registered
267 Posts
So there is a good difference with adding the front and the rear together vs. just the rear and the springs. Hmm....

Mine rides great with just the rear on, but I was curious how much of a difference it would make. Looks like it's noticeable.[/b]
Ya its tight dawg, go for it man you'll love it, Its well ballanced. Just if you take it some where make sure they quote you for under 3 hours of labor, cuz its a bitch to get on and they dont know that. I took it to midas and the quoted me 2 1/2 hours and it tookl the guy 5 1/2 to 6 hours to get the job done, but they only charged me 2.5 hours. Plus when you look at my rims you can see a bright red (you can clearly tell its aftermarket) say bar right behind the brakes, looks real good!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Sweet can't wait till i get mine on.... Next week i hope....

I will try to put them on with some help from my friend i hope.[/b]
Ya the rears werent too bad, it justs takes some patients and some visual geometry to navigate that thick bar in that tight space. Now the front on the otherhand....... Good luck if you are doing that your self, it was a pain in the ass, and I was also restricted by time, so do it on a weekend you should be fine. Also the front sway bars might requier tools not commonly found in a every day garage, so keep that in mind.

·
Registered
267 Posts
my only reason i wouldn't have thought it'd be a huge difference is isn't it like 3-5mm difference from the stock to aftermarket front sway bar?[/b]
First off the the stock bars suck! Whatever aftermarket one you choose thats all your prefrence, When I removed mine the bars were not the best of quality looking bars I've seen, If you want I can post pics of the stockbar and bushings. N-E ways here are some specs:

Mazda 6 STOCK : frt 23.0mm / rr 19.0mm
MAZDASPEED... : frt 26.5mm / rr 22.5mm SOLID (rr two-position adjustable-supposedly)
EIBACH ........... : frt 27.0mm / rr 22.0mm _____
RACING BEAT .. : frt 28.5mm / rr 27.0mm SOLID
Progress Rear Sway: rr 24mm (only rear is offered)
Whiteline.................:frt 24mm / rr 22mm

·
Registered
267 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
First off the the stock bars suck! Whatever aftermarket one you choose thats all your prefrence, When I removed mine the bars were not the best of quality looking bars I've seen, If you want I can post pics of the stockbar and bushings. N-E ways here are some specs:

Eibach .................... Available yet?
Whiteline.................:frt 24mm / rr 22mm, or 22 w 2-hole adj
MS6 oem ............... frt 24mm (fit, cheap?)
[ /quote][/b]
huh? :huh:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Ya just be sure you grease the bushings real good, I got my car back from midas after they installed the front bar and I dont know if they did a shitty job or if they didnt grease them at all, but my car is groaning real loud when I drive slow. The good thing is there is a automotive hobby shop on base, and the lifts and tools are free, just costs 7 bucks a hour, but they dont open till noon and close at 8pm. So I ordered the same grease from summit and I'll re-do them my self.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.